All Because of a Murder

I blocked out all sounds around me and just held my father. I felt someone tug on my arm but I ignored them.

“Miss, we need you to let go!”

I heard growling when the person had put their hand on my shoulder.

Then someone whispered into my ear.

“Luna, to find who did this, the police need to collect evidence. I’ll carry him to the van okay Luna no one but me, alright?”

Declan had always known what I wanted. I loosened the grip I had on my dad and placed him into Declan’s arms. When I looked at him he was carrying my dead father away. I felt like I couldn’t breathe and I felt like I was falling and I couldn’t hold on to anything, everything is in pieces and I don’t know how to fix it.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and hoist me up. I looked down at myself and I had blood all over me on my shorts, shirt, shoes, legs, arms…hands…

I felt something being draped over my shoulders, I tried to move my legs but they were like jelly. If someone wasn’t holding me right now I would be collapsed on the ground and in a heap.

They helped me walk but I just focused my eyes on the ground, when I looked up we were at the place that we had stopped to take a rest. The only difference was that there were cars everywhere on the trail; police cars, vans, trucks… even a coroner’s van. I knew they would have to take my father to the morgue but it just didn’t feel right.

They walked me over to the black SUV; they sat me on the edge of the trunk and cleaned up the blood on my arms, legs, and hands…  I didn’t look at any one just stared at my hands with tears running down my face.

A hand went to my chin and lifted my face up, I looked into Ace’s eyes and I could see the sadness but I could also see the pity.

“Where going to drive back to the site and pack everything up and head back to the house, alright?”

I shook my head yes, he lifted me into his arms and I felt him place me in the backseat of the SUV, he got in beside me and held me to him. My chest was contracting and I had a hard time breathing, my teeth were chattering and I couldn’t stop hiccupping. Ace’s hand kept rubbing my arms and whispering soothing words to calm me down but it didn’t work, I just saw my father die nothing could calm me right now.

 After a little we pulled into the camp site, the door opened and Declan held out his arms for me. Ace placed me in them, I then placed my head into Declan’s neck and he carried me to my tent.

“Got the key?”

I reached my hand into my pocket and handed him the key. He opened my tent and sat me down on the bed.

“Let’s lay down and you can close your eyes. Everyone else is going to pack up, while you get some rest.”

I was biting my cheek when I stood up (with very shaky legs might I add) and walked over to my stuff. I heard Declan sigh but I ignored him.

I started to pack my stuff and I folded everything and put it neatly into my suitcase. When I looked over Declan was taking down the mattress. When I was finished I stood up slowly and grabbed my bag carefully. I fragged it out of the tent and over to Ace and Keegan. Keegan took it from me and placed it in the back of the truck. He kissed my cheek and whispered to me.

“Everything will be okay.”

I got into the back seat of the truck and just sat there. My dad was everything to me, he was my Best Friend!

I don’t know what I’m going to do everything is going to be so different we’ll have to sell the house I’ll have to move schools maybe even countries if Danny still lives in Paris after this.