Tell the World I'm Coming Home

I heard them both take a big breath and then their arms made it around me; I guess they thought I was upset I really wasn’t. Not trying to sound harsh but they had died when I was a baby.

“They were a year older than me, twins actually. When I was two I had gotten very ill and my dad was on his own with the three of us that night. He was driving to the hospital when we got into an accident, the two weren’t in their seats properly, and they died on impact. My mother hated me from then on that was when everything started with her. My dad still gets upset about it and Danny well every time someone mentions them she cries. Since she was older she knew and remembered them.”

I sighed and snuggled into the two, I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

~

We had just got to the sunny city of New York, my dad and I owned a house in Manhattan.  We pulled into the driveway and I sighed. My dad and I weren’t the wealthiest people but we got threw okay. We had a nice little house it was a one story and no basement.

When you walked in there was a semi wall that came up to my waist on both sides. On the left was the living room and on the right was the kitchen. If you walked in everything was open concept so straight ahead near the doors to the backyard was the “Dinning” room it had a small circular table. Everything was up to date because we chose to live in a small house my dad had enough money to modernize the house.

The kitchen was high end and had marble counter tops and an island in the middle.  The cabinets were white wood besides the island ones they were a dark brown wood. All the appliances were steel and all top of the line. The back splash was a cream stone color all around the wall under the cabinets. 

All the floors in the house were a dark hard wood; the living room was a cream color with two beige couches in an “L” shape facing the television. The television is a 70’ that is on a white wood television stand that had glass doors underneath to hold the Blu-ray player, and the television box. Along the same wall was a built in cabinets that held movies and book that we had been collecting though out the years. We had a cream carpet under the couches as well as a white wood coffee table that matched the table stand. We also had a big window that faced out to the front yard.

Between the dining room and the kitchen there was a hallway that led to the bedrooms, mine was on the left at the end of the hall, I use to share it will Danny when we were younger, she also stays with me when she comes to town. We had bunk beds but the bottom turned into a couch. I had done a lot of studying on that couch, but I’ve also had a lot of memories with my sister there. I got out of the car and grabbed my bag from the truck. More cars pulled up to the curb and all the boy’s got out, Patrick, Milly, Nolan, and a bunch of other guys I’ve never met, besides the youngest which was the one that had come to my men about the rouges.

Pete helped me with my bag and we headed inside. I was the only one with a key so I had to dig it out of my pocket on my bag. I opened the door and stepped in the house. The smell just brought me back to old and recent memories. I rolled my bag in and stepped into the kitchen. Everyone followed me in and found a place to sit, it was very crowded.

“So… I don’t think my house will fit all of you and we only have one room and the couch.”

Danny scrunched her eyes, “No we have two rooms ours and…Oh!”

I thought she would have caught on faster.

“No one goes in there, that’s dad’s room.”

“I know Noah; I guess I just wasn’t thinking.”

“Are you and Pete staying here or are you going to a hotel, because I’m staying I don’t mind if you go.”

“We’ll be staying at the sunrise down the street.”