Finally at Peace(Extended)

We all sat for dinner, Danny I guess made chicken and rice and veggies, and she made me a fillet salmon with a special sauce that she wouldn’t tell me how to make. 

She was always a great cooker I loved her cooking a lot.

We sat and ate and just talked the whole time about useless stuff that really didn’t matter. I just blocked it all out and ate my dinner.

I felt a hand slide onto my thigh and I looked down. It was a big hand and tanned, I knew that it was Ace.

I looked up at him and he gave me a tiny like really tiny smile and squeezed my thigh. It was one of those reassuring squeezes, it made me feel a little better.

I kept eating my dinner and I thought Ace would have moved his hand but he didn’t. He kept it there the whole dinner and it felt nice. 

We all finished dinner and I went to help everyone clean up but they pushed me out and into the living room.

Ace came and sat with me and I went to turn the television on, but Ace grabbed the remote and threw it onto the chair on the other side of the room.

I knew exactly that he wanted to talk, but I just couldn’t speak. No words would come out of my mouth, and then I felt tears start to fall down my eyes.

Ace just looked at me and then pulled me into his arms.  He held me as I cried and I looked up at him.

“My mother, the doctor that treated me when I woke up from my coma. She use to hit me when I was younger.  I never told anyone. She left my dad, my sister, and me when I was younger.

 I remember that day it was the happiest day of my life. It was also the day that my dad’s heart broke. My sister was upset but she knew that something was wrong with me. She talked to me she thought I was sad mother was gone. That was when she found out the real truth about her. She hate’s her just as much as I do.”

I kept crying and he kept holding me, we stayed like that for a while until we heard people starting to make noise and into the living room.

I snuck my head into Ace’s shoulder and he pulled me tighter into him. I was growing sleepy; being in the hospital for a while makes you really tired when you get home.

I fell asleep pretty quickly, I dreamed about rainbows and lollipops.

I woke up to a big white flash and someone groaning, and moving their arms as well as tightening them. I opened my eyes slowly and looked over.

 Ace’s head was on top of mine while mine was in the nook of his neck.

I wrapped my arms around him more and tightened them. He stood up and scooped me up by putting his arms under my knees.