The talk

Your POV
After they released me, I went back to my dorm room. I sat down on my bed, my face resting in my palms as I remembered last nights events.

My foster father, Akane, kidnapped me because some old, handsome, high and mighty vampire known as Asato Ichijo requested my assistance, and for what reason? To spy on his grandson, how typical. I let out a sigh and get up,

"Better get my ass to my duties"
I said before leaving my dorm room.

I walk to the moon dorms, through the gate and knock on the front door. When the doors open, Hanabusa greeted me with a wicked grin on his face,
"Ah! (Y/N)! I see that you've come for me~"

He winked at me and I roll my eyes in response.
"In your dreams, Aido. I'm here for Ichijo"

He looked a bit taken back by my response,
"Takuma? Why him?..."

I grin in response,
"I don't think you're ready for that yet~"

He groans in response,
"Fine, follow me."

After what seemed forever, we finally arrived outside Takuma's door.
"Thanks Aido"
I say softly as I smile gently at him.

He blushes,
"I-It was nothing... really..."

I chuckle,
"See you around?"

He nods and walks away. I then turn towards the door and knock three times,

"Takuma? Can I talk to you?"

Takuma opens the door,
"(Y/N)? To what do I owe this pleasure?"

I look at him, his beautiful apple green eyes stared right into mine. He looks a lot like his grandfather...
"Oh right! I just want to talk"

He raised an eyebrow,
"Just talk?"
I nodded in response,
"Alright then" he continued, "come on in"

He opens the doors enough for me to enter then closes them again. He gestures for me to take a seat on the couch. He walks towards a small table and brings back a tray with drinks and cookies, "cookies?" he asked. His expression had innocence written all over it, something was up. Why would his grandpa need me to check up on him? What exactly was he after?..

"Oh uh, sure..." I said as he waved a hand in front of me, breaking my train of thoughts. He hands me a plate with a bunch of cookies, chocolate chip, brownies and even macarons. I chose the green macaron and take a small bite.

"So, what would you like to talk about?" He asked, voice full of curiosity.

"A lot of things actually" I say as my eyes scan the room. My gaze lands on a book shelf, "You read manga?"

He chuckles,
"Yeah, yeah I do. I'm actually currently reading one called Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, It's about-"

"A girl whose boyfriend is a vampire and together they plot against her boyfriend's uncle and his gang, making sure he doesn't become a full vampire!" I cut him off eagerly.

"Yes, exactly? Have you read it?" He asked, genuinely shocked.

"Only about a million times!" I chuckle.

"You read manga too?!"
He raises an eyebrow and I nod in response,

"Yeah, not nearly as much as I used to though"

He smiles gently,
"what a shame, but I'm glad I have someone to talk about this with"

"Ah- yeah well... As much as I'd love to discuss this further, that is not the reason I came here"

He raises an eyebrow,
"Then what is the reason?"

I take a deep breath before continuing, "Alright. Your grandfather, Asato Ichijo, contacted me-"

"Oh no" He said.

"Rude, but I'll ignore it. Anyway, he contacted me and asked me for a favour"

His expression turned grin,
"So you spoke to him?"
I nodded,
"yes, just a few minutes ago actually..."
He sighed and shook his head,
"What's the favour?..."

I looked at him apologetically,
"I was supposed to check up on you and report back to him... I have no idea why nor do I have any intentions of doing so for I feel like you know something about this and perhaps it's some setup, either way, it ain't my problem"

He looks at me, eyebrows furrowed, "You would rebel against one of the most powerful vampires because it ain't your problem?"

I nod and take a bite from my green macaron again. There was silence, I didn't like it. I've never really been fond of silence.

After a while, Takuma finally speaks up,
"No, report to him, It's for your own good"

I finish my macaron,
"Alright, what would you like for me to tell him?"

He thinks for a few seconds before continuing, "Tell him I'm doing just fine."

I nod,
"Anything else?"

He shakes his head,
"No, that's good enough. Thank you"

I nod again. I stuff another cookie into my mouth and stand up,
"I should probably head out now"

He nods and leads me towards the doors. He opens them for me and I walk out. Once I've walked down the stairs I sense someone creeping up from behind me. I turn around only to be greeted by Kaname,
"Can I help you?" I ask rather bluntly.

"What were you doing with Takuma?" He asks in his usual calm voice, however, it sounded slightly angrier than usual.

"We were only talking" I replied.

He furrows his brows,
"You sure?"

I nod,
"Nothing more, nothing less"

He looks me directly in the eyes. His eyes told me everything, they were filled with suspicion.

"You're hiding something, something big. I will do anything in my power to find out what that is"

I smile at him,
"You have fun with that for I have nothing to hide~"

He furrows his brows once more,
"Now I know you're lying"

My smile turns to a grin,
"Goodbye for now, Kaname"

I said before walking out the front doors. As I started walking from the door, I thought to myself,
'Could he really be figuring out my secret?... No, it can't be, It's impossible!'