{chapter 14}

*important authors note at end
Song of the chapter- Hide Away -Daya

I've been driving around for at least a half hour trying to find the perfect lunch for Phoenix and I.

Now that I was back in  school, Phoenix surprised me with lunch twice, once a grilled chicken salad with my favorite dressing and the second time a bacon cheese burger and the best fries that were foodgasm worthy.

Today I decided to return the favor and surprise him at his work while he was at lunch. It took me forever to think of a perfect lunch idea.

I decided on one of the best taco trucks that I've ever had in Seattle. The line of course was as long as usual and it was absolutely freezing but I braved through it, getting myself a chicken quesadilla and him a super burrito.

Once I had our food neatly tucked in bags, I made my way to small outdoor market that looked really cute and friendly. I looked around and found someone selling fresh roses that were too cute to deny. I payed for a dozen roses in an assortment of colors before heading back to my car. Girls aren't the only ones who love flowers I think.

As I drove I couldn't help but feel giddy with excitement. I couldn't wait to see his face when I for once surprised him.

I then pulled up to the police station and had to look around to make sure Phoenixes squad car was there , meaning he was there.

I made sure to check my hair and outfit multiple times in the small mirrors of my car. I left the gym earlier so my hair was natural and in a ponytail, and I had on my workout outfit still, yoga pants that hit just above my ankles and a black sports bra, along with a windbreaker I left open.

I walked into the station where a middle age women sat at the front desk.

It wasn't all stainless steal and creepy looking, it was actually pretty warm and had a very inviting atmosphere.

"How can I help you?" She asked sweetly making me smile.

"Um yeah, I'm here for Phoenix Adams, I think he's on lunch I brought him some." I said gesturing to the bag of food in my hands.

"He's a lucky fellow!" He gushed. "I'll buzz you in, go straight through the doors and turn left, you'll probably hear them getting all rowdy in there." She told me rolling her eyes and flicking her hand.

"Thank so much! Have a really good day." I replied following her instructions.

My stomach turned in knots a little, it was making me a little nervous that Phoenix was with all his guys, meaning I would have the extra attention on me. I felt automatically self conscious at my no makeup and exposing top. 

I gave myself a little pep talk, and slightly melted my fear away.

I followed the lady's instructions and easily heard the laughter of multiple guys.

I turned left and followed the loud talking until I came up to a room with the door closed. I knocked twice to let them know I was coming in before I actually walked in.

I spotted Phoenix right away and he spotted me too and smiled widely at him and held up the food.

He was leaving against a counter on the opposite side of the door , while a few other guys were standing too and a few were sitting at round small tables.

"Surprise!" I said happily holding up the bag.

All of the guys turned to look at me and I recognized a few like the hot guy Roger I had met at the holiday party and few others I seen at that holiday party. They all stopped their conversation to stare at me, making me a queasy.