{chapter 23}

"Do you think of ever moving out of Seattle?" I asked Phoenix softly as we laid in our hotel bed with the TV glowing up the room.

It was early, and we were just enjoying each other's company before we got up for the day and enjoyed our last full day in California.

The white sheets wrapped around us because of how cold we had the air conditioner blowing, I mean it was free so we took advantage of it.

I was in a t shirt dress type night gown , and Phoenix in his black boxers and nothing els ,both with wild hair.

"I'm not sure. It's the only place I've known as home." He answered. "You?" He asked.

I thought honesty for a second. "Maybe." I replied softly think of how much I loved this constant sunshine and the atmosphere of endless possibility.

"Thoughts on marriage ?" He asked after moments of silence.

"Eventually. I mean, I have a career I have to build if I want a good , strong,future . I have a long ways to go with my future choices I decided on" I explained. "You?"

"Of course." He said simply.

Would I be that person he marries? I asked myself in the back of my head. It's a question that comes up a lot in my head when we are having small private moments like this. It makes my heart swell in love for him, and him simply not being in my future was a strange feeling. I didn't want to be the one to bring up our future , but I knew it was due, just maybe not today.

I moved my body and positioned my legs over his torso and and my head in the crook of his arm.

He ran a hand down my bare legs and chuckled softly. "Freshly shaved?" He asked.

I laughed too and nodded. "Glad I found a man who notices the small things."

We watched the slightly entertaining cooking show for a few more hours, but mostly enjoying each other's company. Phoenix and I live busy lives each, and it's hard to find time when we can truly bond and let each other explore one another's mind freely.

We finally got up about an hour before the theme park we were going to was to open to hurry and get ready.

I simply threw my hair into a ponytail, knowing it was doing to get messed up from all the Rollercoaster wind.

"I like when you wear your hair up." Phoenix commented while buttoning up his dark jeans.

"Really? Sometimes when I wear my hair up I feel like in pictures we take I look bald, or like a founding father." I replied mindlessly checking it out in the mirror.

Phoenix was quite for a moment then laugher roared and I couldn't help but join in. "What?!" I asked

"That's..not ... What I was going to say." He said in between laughs. "I was going to say it opens up your face, not that you look like a founding father." He continued to laugh.

"Well thank you very much then" I giggled and slipped on high waisted shorts and a t shirt that had horizontal tropes along with a pair of nikes.

"I'm going to get the car pulled around , meet you down there." He said still chuckling and placing a kiss on my forehead and I nodded while packing my purse.

The door closed but his loud laughter still echoed in my head.

I really love that man.

-------

The sun was shining hot when we arrived and I immediately grabbed my sun screen tube and lathered it all over my arms and legs.

"Your such a dork" Phoenix laughed at me as we held hands and walked towards the rides with our oversized churros in hand .

"I'm a dork? You'll be the dork completely sun burnt unable to move." I told him snapping the cap and putting it back in my cross body.

"Ha ha, very funny," he smirked, "can I make a confession?"

"Um, sure?" I replied, "oh my god! We have to get on that!" I point to a giant Rollercoaster with hundreds of flips and drops. I pull Phoenix to the line entrance when suddenly he stopped in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" I ask attempting to pull his hand. He wouldn't budge.

"Soooo Rollercoasters aren't really my thing.. That was kind of my confession" he said , averting eye contact.

"What?" I asked him not exactly understanding.

"Well I mean I've never really been on a Rollercoaster." He stuttered off.

"What? Why didn't you tell me this before we came to an amusement park!" I exclaimed at him utterly confused.

It kinda made SENCE now that we've been at the park for over an hour and all Phoenix has done is constantly distract me with food.

"Well I mean you were so excited Mia, I didn't want to ruin it." He explained.

I sighed and grabbed his hand.

"You are going to get you over your fear today." I declared pulling him towards the line for a Rollercoaster with a few obvious loops.

"I could definitely wait for you-" he tried to began but I shook my head.

"Nope. Your litteraly a police officer. You go into wild riots without thoughts , but you won't get onto a perfectly safe Rollercoaster? I think not." I said sternly dragging him to the ride.

The line wasn't too bad but there was definitely a wait.

Phoenix's cheeks were flushed , with red blotchy spots and his palms were clammy.

"You will be fine." I reassured him while leaning into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on top of my head.

I felt a little bad for making him get on this ride, since he truly wasn't one with Rollercoasters , but I mean we came to an amusement and park so we kind of have too.

The line inched group by group and finally we were the next ones.

"Tell me it's not bad." Phoenix said taking in a deep breath.

"It's not bad, it's hardly less than a minute. You'll have fun." I reassured him.

"I'll have fun." He repeated more to himself than me.

Finally it was our turn and we lifted ourselves into the seats , while pulling the restraints down over our heads and the workers came by making sure we were all properly  locked in.

Our feet dangled as the the floor retracted getting ready for the ride and I grabbed Phoenix's hand and held on tight.

"Please keep your hand and feet in the ride at all times, enjoy the ride."

----------------
Sorry for the long wait!
Aw it was their last day in California

But the most wild things they do happen back home in Seattle ;)

Thank you so much for 50K! It means soooo much!

Pleaseeeeeeeee vote vote vote vote!!
Pleaseeeeee comment !

Love you guys!