Epilogue

I stood at the cemetery with my head down and tears slowly streaming down my face as Phoenix's father takes about the fallen officer.

I gripped his little brother's hand tightly in my left hand and another one that I was holding onto for support on my right.

My chest was painfully restricting as I tried to hold back my sobs that were begging me to let them out.

Evertime Sheriff Adams voice choked up a little, I became closer and closer to breaking down and I was debating whether or not I should excuse myself.

Just as I felt that it was going to become too much, a strong arm wrapped tightly around my shoulders, and I finally began to let go of my sadness for the situation.

"Its ok." Phoenix whispered into my ear, his voice hoarse as he held back his own wall of tears.

His arms alone were enough to remind me of the painful day that so much was lost.

I watched heartbroken as they lowered Gio's casket into the ground and his wife cried heartbrokenly on the side letting out a series of "whys"

The night I almost lost Phoenix is the night heaven gained Gio or his real name as I should say Grant, as an angel.

His soul was too great to be any place els.

When he arrived on the scene and seen Nix bleeding out, he rushed to find the man who did it, and was horribly shot in the chest by the same man.

Sadly after long hours of operation , alongside Phoenix he didn't make it, causing my heart to shatter for the man I hardly knew. The one time I met him, his vibe was one of bright radiance and I understand all of the help he offered Nix. I ultimately owe, the future of Nix's and I relationship to him.

As the service ended and we paid our respects, Nix and I held hands tightly as we slowly made our way to my car, my large sunglasses blocking out the sun that would of been painful to my sore eyes. Our steps were slow and I let him lean most of his weight on me.

He stopped a few feet short and I looked at him with concern.

"What's wrong?" I prompted him, caressing his wound on the outside of his shirt.

"I love you Amelia. I love you with all my heart and I swear, I'll never do anything to loose you again I swear it." He said desperately gripping the hand that once lightly touched his wound.

"I love you." I breathed out, pulling him close into a tight hug, that I would never let go of.

We got through it and we always will.

———————————————————————————
Done.
Wow. This story has been with me since I was a junior in high school writing for fun.
Thank you so much everyone that ever liked, voted, commented and shared I love you all with my entire soul.

So there will be a part two, but it's more of a spin off. Basically years into the future and Nick (Phoenix's younger brother) goes to live with the two of them.

I'll post on this book when I publish the new book.

Thank you again so much you guys, I know the writing in this book is rough , but I will be going over it and editing it.

The new one will be written much better, so stay with me lol.