~*~ Misery Loves Company ~*~

England- 1492

Liza’s POV

I looked around the ballroom. Where was he? I couldn’t find anyone I knew. Everyone knew me but to be honest I didn’t know them. Across the crowds I saw Niklaus walking down the stairs. Crossing the hall I smiled as I met him.

“Hello Niklaus,” I smiled walking with him.

“Hello Liza,” He responded.

Within seconds we were face to face with Elijah and a girl. She was about my physical age and had long brown hair.

“Katerina, this is Lord Niklaus and Lady Elisabetta,” He introduced.

“It’s lovely to meet you Lady Elisabetta and Lord Niklaus,” She smiled softly.

“You honestly don’t need to call me that, Liza is fine. I’m technically not a ‘Lady’ I’m not of noble blood nor married into it,” I shrugged.

“And Niklaus is the name my Father gave me call me Klaus,” He smiled taking her hand within his and kissing it.

She just smiled back and looked relatively awkward standing there.

“It was a pleasure meeting you Katerina, I will speak to you later, I have something I need to attend to,” I stated with a soft smile on my face.

“Okay, it was lovely meeting you,” She stated as I turned walking away from the trio.

I headed towards the grand entrance as I knew who would be there. They would be better company than Katerina and the love struck pair. You could tell they were head over heels although they barely knew this girl.

Once I got to the door I looked around me. When I saw the person I smiled to myself stepping towards them. There was a low wall stood next to them so I ran in my horrid dress and sat on the wall.

“Hello Trevor,” I beamed looking at my best friend.

“Hello Lady Elisabetta,” He stated not showing any emotion.

“Just because you work for my Father doesn’t mean you should treat me like that,” I frowned.

“I’m just doing as I’m told milady,” He stated.

“Seen as Elijah is my Father you should listen to my orders as well. I demand you call me Liza. You’re my best friend for heaven’s sake, enough of the politeness,” I frowned.

“I’m sorry Liza,” He chuckled.

“Come on,” I smirked taking his hand in mine. I pulled him by his hand away from his duty at the front door and away from the large house. We stopped and I smiled.

“You amaze me sometimes,” He chuckled.

“Thank you Trevor, I love your thoughts of me,” I laughed.

“You’re welcome, so why did you pull me away? Elijah or Klaus are going to be angry with me,” He sighed.

“Don’t worry I can handle them,” I smiled, “I’m bored and I couldn’t find Kol, Rebekah hates me and Elijah and Niklaus are with Katerina.”

“Do you know what they’re going to do to Katerina?” He questioned.

“No,” I frowned, I could tell by his facial expression that he loved her, or at least he cared for her a lot.

“Okay,” he sighed.

“You care for her don’t you, so do Niklaus and Elijah,” I smiled softly.