~*~ Rookie Mistake ~*~

~*~ One Week Later ~*~

Liza’s POV

Over the last week I hadn’t been able to not kill vampires. I know it sounds slightly stupid and over the top but it was hard to not kill. Every time I came across a vampire I pretty much killed them. Hence why I no longer was in school, I explained to Elijah I had to help Bonnie still with her grieving after her grandmother’s anniversary but I just stayed in my room. Luckily they were all gullible and didn’t snoop in my room, otherwise my plan wouldn’t work.

Bonnie was obviously in school and if she didn’t go to school then Caroline wouldn’t and she was a vampire. It was dangerous for me to be anywhere near her. I could easily kill her and I couldn’t do that. It was just because she was my friend but it would hurt Bonnie, Jeremy, Matt and even Elena. I didn’t mind causing Elena pain even if it was only emotionally but it would also hurt my friends.

I rarely got any friends due to the vampires I hung around with, but although they seemed scared of the Mikaelson’s they still became my friends. It was a nice thing that I had made true friends so quickly so killing them off wouldn’t be a good thing. I didn’t really have any experience in the friends department but I knew killing them meant I was a lousy friend even for an old vampire like myself.

Even though I knew it was wrong, every time I was in the same room as one of the Mikaelson’s I wanted to kill them. I knew I couldn’t and I knew I shouldn’t but I really wanted to. These urges were getting worse and worse and it wouldn’t get any better even if I wanted it to.

They’d just progress until I couldn’t handle them anymore so I’d either find a way to kill them, meaning I’d have to get the white oak stake. Or my only other option was to kill myself. I guess I’d rather do that but my instincts were to kill them, although deep down I knew I had to kill myself not just to save all those I love but I was a vampire, it was in my nature.

The age old argument of whether you should follow your head or your heart is controversial but I always said follow your heart. It doesn’t consider what is logical but what will be truly right for you even if it could hurt someone else.

Sadly both my head and my heart were telling me to kill the Mikaelson’s and every vampire I loved. I knew Jeremy and Alaric explained that the more vampires I killed the stronger my murderous urges would get stronger. Although I knew these facts I couldn’t resist not killing the vampires I came across, but I did have to try to not kill those that I lived with.

It wasn’t as if I could avoid them. I stayed in my room for as long as I could but I had to leave at some point to hunt. As well as my vampire hunter instincts forced me to leave my room and go confront the originals, I couldn’t resist going to them but I resisted killing them.

At the moment I was sat in the kitchen sipping on a blood bag knowing everyone was out so I didn’t want to leave my safe haven into a vampire’s paradise. Since I became a member of ‘the five’ it had been awfully lonely. Jeremy and Alaric were there for me but they were generally busy with school as Ric had to work and Jeremy had to get an education. All the others didn’t know and quite a few of them I was a risk to so I had to keep a distance. It wasn’t a nice experience, that’s one thing.

Surprisingly this was the most painful ordure I had been through in my whole life. Not being turned into a vampire which was excruciating. Not being attacked by the werewolf that led to me being a vampire. Not being staked in the stomach or shot with a wooden bullet. Not even when I lost my Dad. Due to this creature I had become I was going to lose everyone I had ever knew, ever because I’d have to leave them to save them or they’d be dead.