~*~ Growing ~*~

Liza’s POV

“So where are you going with him today?” Caroline giggled over the phone.

“Nowhere, I’m going to have to change the date; I really need to go somewhere. It’s not that I don’t want to go on the date but this is extremely important,” I explained.

Caroline probably wouldn’t understand the concept of how important this was for me. My date with Nik was obviously important but without this I could kill him.

I was going to meet up with Jeremy and Alaric so they could help me with my urges to kill vampires all the time and they said they’d explain the concept a bit more. I didn’t like who I was now, I had only became a member of ‘the Five’ two days ago but the urges to kill were powerful. I didn’t want to be like this.

“He’ll be annoyed Liza. What is more important than a second date?” She said with an obvious frown. I know I couldn’t see her face but I could tell she was frowning, her voice gave her away.

“A first date and what I need to do today. Well Care, I’ll talk to you later I need to go speak to Nik,” I sighed wanting to get off of the phone.

“Well when you are six feet under don’t come crying to me,” She laughed.

We said our goodbyes before I hung up the phone.

Slipping on my socks and trainers I walked down stairs whilst tying my hair into a pony tail. As I got to the kitchen I could see Nik sat at the kitchen table sipping a cup of coffee.

“Hi Liza,” He smiled warmly putting his mug down on the table.

“Hey Nik, you know we had a date planned for today? Can I take a rain check? It’s Bonnie. It’s her grandmother’s anniversary of her death and she’s taking it badly. And Caroline and Elena are out of town so she needs someone there for her,” I smiled back softly lying.

“That’s fine Liza. She’s your friend, make sure she’s okay,” He stated standing up and kissing my cheek, “We can reschedule the date; it’s not the end of the world.”

“You’re taking this well, I thought you’d snap my neck,” I chuckled looking up at him.

“I’m not always aggressive,” He stated with a small frown, “Go to Bonnie’s and I’ll see you later,” He smiled kissing me again.

“Bye Nik,” I smiled back leaving our house.

Quickly I sped off at vampire speed to a clearing in the forest that I knew I had to meet Alaric and Jeremy at.

When I found it, I saw the two men standing there un-packing stakes and other vampire killing weapons.

“Morning boys what’s the plan for today?” I smiled walking over to them and leaning my arm on Jeremy’s shoulder.

“We’re are going to train you to kill a vampire efficiently and how to resist your murderous urges,” Jeremy stated.

I sighed. I’m 900 years old, I knew I could kill a vampire without being killed myself, and there were very few vampires older than me. Although there were the originals none of them actually wanted me dead, so I was safe.

“Killing a vampire is easy as pie. I do believe I grew up with the Mikaelson’s I can pull a heart out without flinching and I can stake a vampire without a second glance,” I shrugged.

“That could be a problem though. The more vampires you kill the stronger your urges will get. So if you know how to kill one efficiently you can only kill those you have to,” Ric explained.