The Encounter

I sat there for who knows how long. My cheeks were stained with tears, and my head hurt. I cleared my head and wiped my tears. I finally got a proper look at the clothes I was wearing a very tight black dress that stuck to me as if it was my second layer of skin. It was strapless, with a silver bow on the top right side, sending out an elegant vibe. The dress was awfully short and made me feel very vulnerable. My hair was let out but felt sticky. 

Everything made no sense but I couldn't just stay here and cry. I looked down the alley, towards the opening. The moon shimmered behind the dark clouds. The full moon. I was aware of the dangers of  being alone at night, during a full moon. But I was practically already dead. I'm not supposed to be awake. And even if I did wake up, I would wake up in Mystic Falls. Not...not Tenebris or whatever that man said. I started to get up when I heard voices coming from the door right beside me.

"Are you sure she was one of them?"

"Well, she was clueless. I'm not sure, but I suppose."

"You were given the power to sense them. And instead of doing what you were told, you slack off. Now, tell me. What should I do with you? Boy" The voice was stern and furious, but not loud. Whoever was talking, spoke with confidence. like a king.

I slowly got up, not making a sound. I heard footsteps and the zoom of speed. They were coming. 

"Would you like me to do the honours? Oh, who am I kiddin--" and there was a yelp. "Ah. Wasn't that easy? Isaac, would you pass the napkins, please. I don't want this filth staining by hands" More footsteps.

I gingerly backed away, towards the opening but the door flew open and the boy from the bar was thrown out. Right in his heart was a piece of wood, carved to look like a long blade. His face, instead of being white and pale, was a dark grey. His veins plunging out of his body, red in colour. 

I gasp, shocked at his death and the change of...well everything.  A man, then, walks out, dressed sophistically with a coat and tie. He looks at the dead boy in disgust and turns to me. 

My eyes widen, and I know that they were looking for me. His eyes brighten in recognition. He didn't look that old. 20 at most.

"Well hello there. I've been looking for you." He slyly spoke, not taking his eyes off mine. His face consisted  of all sorts of sharp edges, and his hair was a shiny light brown, cut shorter on the sides of his head and longer on the top. He suddenly  looks down, wryly smiles, "Where are my manners? My name's Zedd Snyder. Like I said, I've been looking for you...everywhere" He exhaled with a smirk. "I only want to say this once. Stay still." With his diabolical smile, his legs carried him slowly over in a sly motion. Behind him, two of his men bared their vampire faces. The veins under the eyes pulsing with every beat of their dead hearts.  

My heart, on the other hand, my heart was beating fast. Sweat built up on my hands and with my trembling legs, I ran. The street at the opening was just in reach. The heels on my feet made it difficult as ever but slowing down wasn't an option. Piercing pain shot up my ankles with every step but I didn't dare look back.

 Piercing pain shot up my ankles with every step but I didn't dare look back

"Oh, poor girl. I told you to stay still. Now, tell me. What should I do with you?"