The Plan

Song: Wild Thing by Alessia Cara

Vanessa dragged Krysal's body out of the room. I looked over at Cameron.

"Cam, is everything okay between you and Vanessa?" He looked up at me.

"yea. why?" He was picking up the chains and other materials and neatly setting them aside.

"I don't know. she seemed a bit upset." I didn't understand how Cam couldn't see how Vanessa felt for him.

"It's probably because Krystal was over. You know those two. even when I dated Krystal, they both hated each other. Girl drama." He rolled his eyes. "Okay let's get something to eat and take a nap."

"wait what? a nap?" I queried. Sometimes Cam can be a little...weird. A good weird though. thank god.

"We need all the rest we can get for tomorrow" He said with a smirk. We both walked out of the room together, and saw Vanessa stuffing Krystal in the front closet. She looked back at us, and smiled. I turned my attention toward Cameron again.

"What's tomorrow?"

Cameron opened a cupboard and handed a bottle of wandering soul blood to me and picked out a microwavable noodles pack for himself.

"We're getting out of here" He glowed. Vanessa joined in, while Cam threw her a bottle of blood. I twisted my bottle open and took a sip. I felt the energy slowly rise.

"and where are we supposed to go?" Vanessa asked. She threw her empty bottle right in the sink. She used her thump to wipe the blood on her bottom lip.

"There is a cabin far from here. A good hideout. I know just how to get there without vampires hunting us at night." Cameron seemed very pleased with his plan.

"let me guess

"let me guess...Sir Ronald Smith's famous cabin in the woods" I guessed.

"uh no, I don't even know what that is." Cameron said with a confused face. He took out his noodles and starting at them. "We're actually going to my great great great great etc. grandfather's cottage."

Vanessa laughed. "Alright then, we better get some rest for tomorrow's journey." 

I nodded. I grabbed another bottle of blood, and headed to my room to sleep. Once I entered, I remembered that Elena was sleeping in my bed. There wasn't any other place to sleep either. No sofa's or couches.

i sighed. I went to the farther end of the bed, and lied down. There was a lot of room between Elena and I. I closed my eyes and hoped Elena wouldn't freak in the morning. I grabbed the bottle of blood and drank it slowly as I wrote in my diary. No one knew about it except for me. I even made fun of Cameron for having one, which is ironic.

Dear Diary,
Today was...something. I met someone knew today/tonight. She is honestly the most beautiful being I have ever seen. Her eyes just drown me in warmth. Her soft skin pulls me toward it so I can touch it. Her name is Elena. She, however, is a mystery. She is the first human to be in Tenebris for the last 1000 years or so. I don't understand where she came from. I'm also confused as to how she claims to once "be" a vampire. There is no cure to vampirism. I hope I can befriend her and learn her secrets. there is a strong urge, a voice wanting to protect her. I want to protect her.