Trance

I stood in my college room. There on the bed, sat Caroline.

"Caroline!" I rush over to her and saw she's writing in a book. She didn't even look up to me. "Caroline?" A wave of chills go down my spine. 

She couldn't see me. I sat beside her on the bed, and read what she was writing.

Dear Elena, I'm pregnant

I didn't know how to react to that. She herself looked slightly flustered from what she wrote. I didn't understand. Vampires couldn't reproduce. How...

Ridiculously long story short, they're Ric and Jo's baby twins magically transported into my readily available womb by the Gemini coven

Oh...

 I still thought it was odd how out of all people, the coven decided to put the twins in Caroline. At least Ric could have his family. He lost so much. 

I guess I thought writing to you might help me figure out how I'm supposed to feel about the whole thing. Because on one hand, i know how much this means to Alaric and on the other, I have no idea what it means for me. 

I wanted to hug her, talk to her, do something. I couldn't stand being there alone, wanting to reach out but not being able to. I felt so helpless. Tears ran down my cheek as I sat next to my best friend. 

The phone rang. Caroline picked it up, "Hey," from the other side I heard a voice that i hadn't heard for a very long time. 

"Matt!" I squealed. Tears of joy were falling from my eyes. 

"Breaking news" He plainly said. "Remember all those people Julian was stockpiling? They disappeared this morning"

I didn't know who Julian was but whoever he was, he seemed to be the problem at the moment. I leaned in closer to hear properly. I missed the super hearing powers of a vampire...

"That's weird. Where'd they go?" Caroline intently listened to Matt. 

"That's what I'm working on. Want to cut class today and help me get to the bottom of it?" Matt asked.

It made me so happy to see Matt actually involved with the problems. Before I...fell in coma, he was having a hard time calling all the vampire friends...friends. 

"I...can't. I'm..uhh" Caroline rejected. I could see she was having a hard time explain this weird situation to him. After finding her words, she spoke "Turns out Valerie was right"

I didn't know who Valerie was, just like Julian, but I continued to listen very closely. It felt as if I was actually there. Like I was never gone. Except for the fact that I couldn't talk to anyone or touch anyone. Yay.

"Wait," Matt replied. "You're really pregnant?" He sounded unsure. 

"Yep." Caroline exclaimed. I could imagine how this news would be like to everyone. Especially Stefan. Care giggled. She was sweating, clearly not taking this very well.

"How'd Stefan take it?" Matt said, reading my mind. Caroline smiled ever wider, and I knew right away that she didn't tell him yet. Oh boy. 

"That's not going to go well" I laughed. 

Then remembered that she couldn't hear me

Then remembered that she couldn't hear me. I felt a pang of pain in my chest. 

"Oh you know, totally supportive!" She said. "And just wanted to make sure I was okay," If Caroline had to lie, she would but her eyes always gave her away. Her eyes are the reflection of her feelings. 

"At least that's how I'm hoping it goes when i tell him today" She said with a frown. I smiled. I really missed her. My eyes started to water again, and I got up from the bed. My vision was getting blurry. At first i thought it was from the tears building up, but then I realized I felt immense pain on my stomach. It was sending bolts of pain through my body. Through my blurry vision, I saw Caroline get up and walk through the door of the college room. So many memories in this room. I didn't want to leave! I looked down at my belly, and saw blood through the shirt. The pain increased, and suddenly everything went black.