The Urge

I look over at her. Human? Every single historical book I read, it said that human blood is the strongest smell, the biggest urge. Yet I couldn't sense it, nor could I smell it. And it wasn't just me, Vanessa couldn't smell it either.

"We have to help her.." I look directly at her unconscious body. I have never seen a human before, neither was I a human before I turned. The world only existed of wandering souls, yet instead of draining her of her powerful blood, I want to save her.

Vanessa and Cameron glanced at one another. Cameron walked up to the girl's wound and announced:

"Let's apply pressure to the wound so that she won't lose much blood. But Andrew, there's nothing else I can do. I've never dealt with humans before.." Cameron stuttered while putting his hands gently on the girls wound. "Come," he said.

I walked over to that side of the bed, and put my hands on her wound.

Now I felt it. The warm feeling zooming through my arms right to my heart. The coppery smell that was lingering in my nose. I was able to sense it, but I continued to apply pressure to the wound.

"I'll get some bandages and cloths." Vanessa spoke. She walked off with her black boots.

"Cameron, try to do something! Search something through your books! Do something!" I firmly spoke. 

"The only person I know who has legit information about humans and how to heal them is...Krystal. But i haven't talked to her for months now...I don't know whether she would co--"

"You're wrong" A voice said. Cameron and I turned to the entrance of my room to see..Krystal. She walked into the room, glad to be in the apartment again. Her hair was done beautifully in a half up half down, and her make up was also done very nicely. Her personality, unfortunately, were neither. 

Standing beside her was Vanessa

Standing beside her was Vanessa. Cameron looked at Vanessa with his usual questioning look.

"I knew she was the only one who can help the girl. So I didn't wait to get her." Vanessa gestured her hand towards the girl, as Krystal walked over to her. Cameron backed away but I stayed put.

"Do what you have to do, but I want her to be awake and alive by the time your done," I said putting emphasis on alive. 

She bitterly smiled and said, "I'll see what i can do."

She put her hands over the wound and started mumbling some ancient spells. Not even a minute passed, when her eyes flung open. 

"What? What's wrong?" I immediately asked. She didn't reply at first, and then shook her head.

"Nothing,". Although she said it in confidence, I managed to hear the waver. She continued with her hocus pocus when the girl's nose started bleeding. Slowly, the crimson red liquid flowed down her nose. I sat right by her head, and noticed it. I looked over at Cameron with my eyes widened. He mouthed "Tell her". Krystal was completely consumed in her magic, and i didn't want to disturb her. What if i made it worse? I look over at Cameron, not entirely convinced. He instantly understood what i was thinking and slowly nodded.