Poor Connection

Love and sorrow combined produces juicy results. I hope you enjoy this!

Song Of The Chapter: No One's Here To Sleep by Naughty Boy ft Bastille

READ, COMMENT AND VOTE!

I twisted the door knob to the point where I started to think my own hand could fall off. 

"There must be some spell on the door. But...how should I get in?" I was jittering in panic. Gasping while talking, shaking while moving. The gaze of the eyes fell upon the large window on the other side of the porch. In hope of finding a way to safety, I ran over and attempted to open the latch of it. All attempts were flushed down the drain. There was no latch. 

I groaned. The air was getting colder and the noises in the endless pit of mystery (the woods) were getting louder. 

I wanted to knock and bang on the door so bad. But I didn't want to awake anyone. But mostly, I didn't want to frighten Andrew. It's clear he cares for me. And do him. 

I sighed and walked over to slam on the door when some disruption fogged my vision and mind. 

"Elena?....El- - - na? Can you hear m- - " I heard a small female voice at the back of my head. It sounded familiar. There was no pain or torment whatsoever. But this voice...

"Ele- - -you need t- - carefu- - - - are in danger!" I leaned against the window sill, trying to understand whether this voice was real or whether I was simply going mad. 

"Pl- -se- - respond- - -camer- - in dange- - get out of t- - - E- - na! Answ--r!" I wasn't sure what this source was talking about. Danger? Cameron? But it was clear she wanted me to reply back. 

"uhh...who is this..?" I said unsurely, because it felt weird talking to no one in particular. I wasn't even sure she could hear me. "hello? can you hear me?" 

"Ye- - pl- - -e! Lea- -now! Dange- - -us! Ze- - coming- - - - - -eron!" It was very difficult to comprehend what this warning was about. Who was coming?

"I dont understand. Who is this?" I responded back quickly. I could hear rustling in the woods. 

"On- - - -ight of- - - blu- - -oon! They-- - -comin- - -This is- - -K -sty----" The voice stopped. It was not caused through poor connection. 

"Hello? I still dont know who this is! Why are we in danger?? Hello??!" I yelled back. Eventually I stopped trying to reach out to this anonymous person. I needed to first get myself out of this dangerous situation. I got off the porch and instead ambled to the right side of the house. Towards my room.  

I looked up to my window. It wasn't too far away from the ground. I inspected the cabin wall and pinpointed some climbing rock-like features. 

"the drainage pipe..." I realized. 

Soon I was almost to the top. Just a couple more steps. As I mounted onto the sill of my window, I looked around at the view.

Darkness. Complete darkness. It didn't even look like a forest. It looked like an ocean of black tar. Of evil. And to add on to the very...pleasant scenery, there was the full moon. 

"Endless pit of darkness" I barely whispered. Finally I made it into my room. I shut the window firmly behind me and jumped on bed. 

In the nearby side table, I searched for some sort of pain killers or other medications that could ease the pain of my throbbing head. I found some pills in a orange bottle. After everything, the exhaustion was taking quite a toll. I threw 2 of the unknown pills right in my mouth and swallowed them whole. 

I allowed my head to sink into the soft and comfy pillow. 

Sleep wasn't too far away. 

Krystal POV

"ELENA! CAN YOU HEAR?! YOU HAVE TO SAVE CAMERON! HE'S IN DANGER, ELENA!! ELENA?!"

I stumped on the toilet, the only safe place to communicate to the outside world was , unfortunately, the bathroom. I put my head in between my knees, crying. Trying to accept the fact that I lost Cameron forever. In a couple days, he will be gone. 

I striped my clothing off and stepped into the shower. I didn't want Zedd to hear my cries of pain. At least i can cry in the shower in peace. The water drizzled on my head and made its way down the drain along with my tears and endless efforts. On top of that, I'm not allowed to use magic for any other purpose than the spell for the plan. 

Every time i think of what I have to do. What i'm going to put Cameron through. 

I sighed, feeling a chill of shock through my body for the hundredth time. I will never forgive myself if I go through this. I want to act strong, like there might be a way to stop this, but deep down I know I'm wrong.

Suddenly, I heard a loud knock on the bathroom door. 

"Are you going to spend another decade in there or..?" Logan annoyingly spoke. He banged the door once more and added, "Get out already!"

I turned the shower off, confused. I just got in. After I wrapped myself in a towel, I noticed the time. I was in the shower for an hour. Crying. It only felt like 5 mins. 

"I'm coming out Lucas!" I exclaimed.

"It's Logan! Honestly, I'm going to have blood pressure problems because of you!" 

"Back off Logan! I have a lot on my mind right now, I dont need your annoying ass barking all the time." I thought in my mind, realized after that I actually didn't. 

I heard Logan scoff, and walk away. I had, maybe, a couple mins at most before he came back. For the last time, I tried again. 

Elena POV

"Elena, get everyone out of there!" I heard a voice loudly cry, echoing through my brain. I sat upright immediately. Breathing heavily, I hesitantly got out of bed and, oddly, looked out the window. It was still dark. I then stormed into Andrew's room, who wasn't sleeping in his bed but on his desk with his diary in his hand. As tempting as it was, I instead woke him up. 

"Andrew," I whispered. He awoke, confused. 

"Elena?..." he rubbed his eyes and added, "Why are you up so late?"

"I think....I think we're in danger."