Secrets Revealed

This chapter is, in my point of view, the foundation stone of Andrew and Elena's relationship/friendship. They are finally able to open up to one another. BUT! I need your help! Help me create a ship name for Andrew&Elena and Cameron&Vanessa. I ship them, but obviously to spice it up, things can change...ANYWAY

Song of the Chapter: Free Like You Make Me by The Cary Brothers

READ, COMMENT, AND VOTE! :)

She broke the silence.

"I lied to you back there" She revealed. We both stared into the distance. "I was a vampire."

I turned my head to her. "How?" I breathed. 

She sighed. It's obviously a long story. 

"I was born a human. Oblivious about the supernatural world. Then I met someone. He was a vampire and he introduced me to all this magic." She softly chuckled.

For some reason, I had a feeling she was talking about Steven..or Stefan..or whoever she mistook me as.

"One day, I was going to him when I..." Her voice stopped, like it was sliced. 

I knew what was coming. I inhaled, not ready to hear the pain in her voice.

"I died that night. But there was vampire blood in my system. I woke up as a vampire." She profoundly shook her head. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. Seeing her go through the pain of her past, tormented me. She didn't say anything at first. 

She deeply inhaled. "I never wanted to be a vampire. I missed being a human. And when we found out that there was a cure..." 

"Cure? You mean a cure to vampirism?" 

She weakly nodded.  

"We finally got ahold of the cure. I took half and..." she stifled a sigh. "and my boyfriend was going to take the other half. We planned on living our humans lives and growing old together. But before we could finally be happy, everything got ruined." Her voice was laced with pain.

I couldn't believe she went through all that. It broke my heart seeing her like that. She fiddled with her fingers, trying her best not to cry. Not to let down her wall holding back her emotions. 

She spoke again, this time more calm. "A psycho witch cast a spell on me, linking my life to my best friend's. I fell into a coma. My life will resume once her's..." 

"Ends" i finished her sentence. 

I sighed and held her hand

I sighed and held her hand. "Elena, we will find a way to get you back. I promise. Until then, we will keep you safe. We won't let anyone hurt you. I  won't let you suffer." 

She looked into my brown eyes with her moist eyes. 

"Thank you." She inhaled deeply and responded in a small voice. She moved a little closer and laid her head on my shoulder. 

I heard her heart thump softly

I heard her heart thump softly. I could smell her blood flow through her veins but the smell of her sadness overcame that. A void opened in my chest and was threatening to swallow my heart, it hurt so bad. Her pain had become mine. Everything about her drew me in. I want to be there for her. 

Her breathing was finally consistent. I still held her hand, and she held mine. I wanted this. I wanted to stay like this forever. 

But I spoke too soon.

"Oh. I forgot to mention something" She abruptly lifted her head. 

I nodded for her to continue.

I could smell her nervousness. She gulped.

"Firstly, once someone take the cure, they can't be turned back into a vampire, nor can vampire blood heal them." 

"So that's you freaked when I told you I was going to feed you my blood. I only wanted to heal you. But it wouldn't have made a difference, huh?" I humourlessly chuckled.

" There's one more thing." She was fiddling with her fingers again. She was nervous, very nervous. I could sense the sweat forming on her forehead. Her breathing was also abnormal as if she was struggling to breath.

"What's on your mind?" Now i was concerned. She was hiding something big. The smell of blood of entirely blocked with the smell of...fear. She was scared. Afraid. 

"Once a vampire takes the cure, it will remain in their system and their blood with become the cure

"Once a vampire takes the cure, it will remain in their system and their blood with become the cure."

Shock travelled my body faster than electricity. Every single cell of mine was on alert. I didn't know how to respond. 

"Meaning," She swallowed. "As long as the cure remains inside me, I will live. But if even half of my blood is drained...or consumed..."

"You will die" 

"Immediately" 

The wind howled, as the sky darkened. Trees shook vigorously and the water rumbled, while rippling all the same. I was still registering the information, not taking notice of the change in weather. My own mind was throbbing. My heart was pounding. My hands felt numb, just like my emotions. How will I keep her safe? One vampire bite can ultimately kill her. Forever. 

Elena moved in closer, holding on tight. 

"Let's go inside. It's getting dark. A storm has just begun" 

A storm has begun, one including the both of us. And i wasn't sure  when it was going to end. 

We both walking into the cabin for shelter. I looked over at the time.

It was 8 o'clock.