The Explanation

Song: Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya

My eyes flung open. I still couldn't believe what I saw. Did that really happen? Or was I just dreaming? But I already knew the answer. I looked around at my surrounding, memories coming back in waves. I turned to the side and...

"Stefa-?" And then I shook my head. that wasn't Stefan. It was Andrew. I noticed the space between us two. For some reason I wanted to fill that space in. let him hold me so I didn't feel alone. But at the same time, I didn't. I finally looked over at him properly. His chest peacefully moving up and down, showing sighs of life. he breathed quietly, his eyes shut. He was wearing a white tank top, which allowed me to see his arms.

Andrew POV

Andrew POV

I could feel her gaze upon me. Her eyes inspecting my face, my body. I turned my head a bit and heard her heart race and her eyes shut quietly. I smiled from the inside. I slowly got up from bed and felt her gaze again. I checked the time from the wooden clock on the wall. 11:27. Perfect. I headed towards the bathroom, my back facing her, but before I did I purposely took off my white tank top. I could hear her heart racing, and I smiled for real this time. I walked right into the bathroom and shut the door.

Elena's POV

I couldn't help but stare at him. As he shut the door, a girl appeared at the bedroom entrance. She leaned on the side beam and said "Well hello there Elena. I don't think Andrew had the time to introduce me."

Many thoughts were forming in my
mind.

"Who are you?" I tried to keep my calm.

"My name's Vanessa. I was there when those hybrids attacked us." She had some clothes in her hand and walked in. She sat on the bed, in front of me.

"So you're the one who called me 'dinner' that night?" I raised my eyebrows, questioningly.

She looked down and laughed. "Well I hope your not still mad about that. I actually thought you were a wandering soul. But turns out your a human" She chuckled.

Wandering soul? What in the world? Before I could ask her, she continued on herself.

"I brought you some comfortable clothes for the journey. You can wash up after Andrew is done and then join us all for breakfast. Cameron is making pancakes." She left the clothes on the bed and left the room.

Whose Cameron? In boredom, I looked around the room to find something to do. Then I noticed the very large map put up on the wall, nearest to me. I got up on my shaky legs, and examined it. Waves of shock filled my body. The map was of the world. A completely different world. On the top right corner it said: procul.

Elena's mind was overflowing with thoughts. Suddenly, the thought of being alone hit her right in the heart. She was alone. She didnt have anyone. Bonnie, Caroline, Stefan, Damon, everyone. She was all alone.

Behind her, the bathroom door opened revealing Andrew clad in a towel. My eyes widen, and my mouth opened but nothing came out. He looked up and raised both his eyebrows.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He walked around the bed and exited the bedroom.

I grabbed the clothes lying on the bed, and made my way to the bathroom. I set the clothes aside and stripped the dress off my body as if it was the peel to a banana. I stood there naked, and vulnerable. I looked at the mirror and saw a girl with brown hair, a smooth complexion and lost eyes. I stepped into the shower and turned the tap. Warm water sprinkled out of the shower head, onto my cold body. I stood under the water for a moment. letting my mind rest from all the confusion. I used my hands to wash my face.

After I finished, I stepped out of the shower and picked up a towel from the rack. I dried myself and dressed into Vanessa's clothes. A maroon top with blue jeans. Quite simple. I used the towel to dry my hair.

I heard a knock on the door that startled me. "Who is it?" I said in my shaky voice.

"Uh sorry. It's Cameron. Just wanted to tell you that breakfast is ready. I heard his footsteps walking out the room.

I exhaled. I looked in the mirror, adjusted the top and brushed my damp hair with my fingers. I slipped my feet into the shoes that I had on before.

"You're here" Andrew said with a smile. I sat down on the small circular table. beside sat Vanessa and in front, Andrew.

"Just in time too" Cameron said standing in the kitchen.
Oh that's Cameron. The boy I saw when I first woke up.

He dropped a pancake in my plate and said "one for the human mistress" he dropped a pancake in Andrew's plate. "one for the vampire lord" Andre smiled. He then dropped one in Vanessa's plate. "and one for..." he thought for a moment but clearly gave up. "..Vanessa".

He placed a pancake in a plate beside Andrew and took the seat. There were so many questions on my mind. I had to ask.

"um. I have a question" I said in a small voice. Cameron looked up from his food, mouth full of pancake. "yeah ask away" he said.

"who are you people"

Vanessa looked at Cameron then at Andrew. "My names Vanessa, as you know. I'm a vampire. That is Cameron. He's a witch. And this i-"

"I'm Andrew. A vampire." He looked at me directly in the eyes, his hands pouring syrup over his pancakes.

I didn't touch my pancakes yet. I looked down at them. "and why should I trust you?"

"well we haven't killed you so far." Cameron bluntly said. Andrew glared at him.

"You can trust us Elena. We saved you from Death." Andrew soothingly said.

"I don't mean to be rude. But I just met all of you. I want vervain." Vanessa and Cameron seemed surprised by the request, but Andrew stayed calm. "Of course" He smiled.

"And...where are we going?"

"We're going to my great great great great great great gre-"

"We get the point" Andrew said as he picked a piece of pancake with his fork.

"grandfather's cottage." Cameron finished.

"We're going there because it's the best hideout at the moment." Vanessa explained.

"Wait...hideout? who are we hiding from?" I poured a little syrup on my pancake.

"all the vampires in Tenebris really." Cameron chirped, voice laced in attitude. I looked over at Vanessa in alarm.

"we can explain. it's really complicated. but you're the... first human to be in Tenebris for... well ... a very long time."

" we'll explain everything on the way. For now, let's get going. it's 12:00" Andrew brought up.