.:øne:..

Miss Devon Taylor, The name tag outside of the door read.

Devon entered her class room and started decorating the walls with artwork from previous students. The school year was starting within the next few days and she got a brand new classroom. The whole arts wing was relocated.

She was going to be right across from the music room, which she wasn't too thrilled about. All she thought about was how her students are gonna be able to concentrate on their art if all that racket is going on.

There was also a new music teacher who she has yet to meet. She usually went to the school at unusual planning times, just to avoid her co-workers. None of the other teachers really liked her. She didn't talk very much and when she did, she hardly ever smiled. Only when it was necessary.

It was quiet when she came at unusual times. Nobody would try to talk to her or ask her how her day was.

After she finished covering the walls, she settled at her desk. She got her papers and files out, stuffing the manila folders full of artwork, lesson plans, and syllabuses in her aluminum desk drawers.

She heard a knock at her doorway and looked up, only to see a man peeking in with colored blonde hair and a black tee shirt paired with skinny jeans, knocking on the doorframe. The door was open, so this only seemed reasonable.

He took a few steps in, glancing at the walls.

"Hey have you seen uh... oh what's his name..." The man snapped his fingers, trying to recall the name. "Devon! Yeah Devon. Have you seen him?"

"Well, she is sitting right here at the desk," Devon noticed the boy looked clueless for a few seconds.

"Ohhh... oh god, I'm sorry. It's just the name thing I kinda assumed. I'm sorry,"

"You know what assuming is? Making an ass out of u and me," Devon teased.

"Like I said, I'm sorry. I'm Josh," he held out his hand for her to shake, but she didn't. She left him hanging.

"Dun? Like, Mr. Dun?"

"Yeah,"

"So you're Tyler's friend?"Devon questioned.

"Yeah, he does the choir,"

"I know, Tyler's been talking about you coming here for like weeks. He's so excited to work with his best friend," Devon explained.

"What even happened to the teacher before me?"

"Oh, she was one of those people who was... questionable for the job. But she got it anyway. But then, she was caught smoking the marijuanas on school grounds so she was arrested and yeah. It was funny," Devon nodded.

Josh made a weird face at her sense of humor.

"Um-" Josh scrambled to keep the conversation going. "I'm really excited to start as the new music teacher,"

"Ah, music teachers," She let out an exasperated sigh.

"What about em'?"

"Everything. The constant noise because these are elementary schoolers who have basically no sense of rhythm, the drum circles, like what the hell?"

"Okay, no, wrong. A lot of kids are pretty good once you teach them,"

"Mhmm sure, that explains why other students can't concentrate on their art when music class is going on..." Devon shot back.