.:thirty two:..

Josh sat in the waiting room of the hospital for Devon to be discharged. It had been two weeks since she was admitted, and Josh missed her with all of his heart.

Devon was escorted through the double doors by a nurse. She had a bag slung over her shoulder.

"Devon." Josh immediately stood up and pulled her into a hug.

Devon did not say anything. Josh took the bag from her and held her hand as they walked out.

"Can I wear your jacket?" Devon asked quietly as soon as they were in the car.

"No." Josh said.

"What?"

"I have a surprise for you." Josh explained.

"And what does that have to do with your jacket?"

"Everything." Josh whispered like it was a secret.

Devon sighed, then looked out the window. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"You know," Devon started. "Shanking our child."

"I already told you," Josh said. "Don't be sorry. You couldn't help it."

"But you're upset with me."

Josh sighed. "That's true. But it's something that I'm getting over. It's hard not to be upset at you for almost killing our child, but you were just in the wrong mental state."

Devon shook her head.

"What?" Josh glanced over at her, then back at the road.

"I just don't get how you can still be with me after I did that." Devon confessed to him.

"Stop questioning so much," Josh told her. "I'm with you. The end."

***

"I just wanna be with the kids again." Devon told Josh while she was unpacking her stuff.

"They really miss you," Josh replied. "It's all they talk about. They hate having two computer classes every week."

Devon shrugged. "At least they don't have to deal with a miserable teacher like me."

"Stop," Josh told her, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "You aren't miserable around them."

"When I'm not pregnant." Devon replied.

"I can't wait to meet our baby." Josh said, planting a kiss on the side of her head.

"I can't wait for it to out of my stomach so I can stop with my annoying hormonal breakdowns."

"It's normal," Josh told her. "Even though I often fear that you're gonna stab me in my sleep."

Devon laughed lightly and elbowed his side.

"I'm kidding, babe," Josh said. "I love you. Whether you're on the warpath or sensitive to every word I say to you."

Devon pulled away and continued to unpack her bag, tossing her clothes on the bed.

"I have an idea." Josh said.

"That's dangerous." Devon joked.