.:eighteen:..

"Dev," Josh grabbed her chin when he pulled away. "We're gonna get caught."

They were in the school parking lot, passing the bit of extra time they had by making out. Devon had her hands on his cheeks.

"That's what makes it fun," Devon pecked his lips as she let her fingers around his collar. "Everybody knows this is my car and they also know not to bother me in the morning so." She went in for another kiss.

Josh pulled away again, tugging at her lip. "But what if they do? Like knock on the window and ask why my hand is up your shirt?"

"Tell them you dropped your phone."

Josh gave her an incredulous look before it cracked into a smile.

"What?" She asked with a goofy grin on her face. It was one of the rare mornings where she smiled, and that smile was because of Josh.

"You're just-"

Devon cut him off with a deep kiss. She pulled away, still very close to his face. "I don't wanna hear about how 'amazing' or 'different' I am. No matter how many times you say it," she paused use as she transitioned her eyes to his. "I'm not gonna believe it."

Josh let out a few unsteady breaths at the thought of Devon never being able to accept herself. He stayed quiet before he pressed a soft kiss to her lips, his fingers tangling her hair.

"Dev," Josh's hand was now on her jaw line, his thumb slowly stroking. "How don't you believe me?" He asked quietly.

"I can't believe you if I don't believe it myself." She responded.

"Can I say something that you might believe?"

"Try me." Devon whispered.

"You're such a problem," Josh started. "Such a problem. Not even the greatest mathematician can solve you. Y-You always have to have the last word and prove somebody wrong. You are the walking definition of intricate."

"That's true." Devon chuckled.

"But I love trying to solve you," he continued. "I love listening to you talk back when I say something stupid. I love those looks you give me when I do certain things - like the one you're giving me now."

Devon had a serious pout on her lips that curled into a smile since Josh pointed it out.

"You always have a snarky tone in your voice that makes every word come out of your mouth seem opposite and sarcastic," Josh pointed out. "You can make anybody seem so stupid by twisting their words and I know I should think that's bad, but it's just so interesting."

Devon nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"I can't even keep my eyes off of you because I'm afraid I'll miss something that helps solve the equation that is you," Josh kept on. "And you're all mine to solve. I'm the one who gets to figure you out. I'm the one who gets to put all of the pieces together and find the solution - but I'm not even sure if I wanna solve you. Being with you is a huge part of that equation and I'm afraid that if I do completely figure you out, I won't be able to have you anymore."

"Shh," Devon put her thumb on his bottom lip and pulled down slowly. "You're not gonna lose me. I'll keep throwing curve balls and mixing everything up."