.:thirty eight:..

I went to school as blurryface today for spirit week (dress like a celebrity day). I know it's overdone but I love doing it and I did it last year.

--

When Josh got home from work, he went up the steps and found Devon in the nursery.

"Hey," Josh greeted. "What are you doing?"

"Finishing up," Devon smiled as she turned to him. "I hung the pictures up and fixed the crib. How was work?"

"Good," Josh answered. "The last day is always the best."

"What's the new teacher like?"

"Old. Entitled." Josh told her. "I liked you better."

"Hence why you're marrying me."

"Mhm." Devon laughed.

"I'm sorry for talking about work," Josh said. "I know you-"

"Stop." Devon shook her head. "I've moved on. I realize that I broke the rules and even though it was a stupid rule, I still signed saying I wouldn't."

"I did the same thing," Josh complained. "I broke the same rule."

"Stop," Devon told him. "Be grateful that you're doing what you love."

"You almost ready?" Josh asked Devon when he came out of the bathroom, fully dressed and ready to attend his brother's graduation.

"Yeah." Devon was trying to catch her breath.

"Geez," Josh gasped. "What did you do? Why can't you breathe?"

"I bent down."

"You need help with your shoes still?" Josh asked. "I thought that was last month?"

"No," Devon gave him a sarcastic look. "My belly will get smaller as the baby grows."

"Okay," Josh sighed at his fiancé's sarcasm and got down on the floor. "The red ones?"

"Mhm." Devon nodded.

Josh helped her slip her socks on, then he grabbed her shoes.

"They won't fit." He was trying his hardest get her sneakers on.

"That's because they're swollen again." Devon sighed. "Just get my slippers."

"Say please." Josh joked.

"I said get my fucking slippers."

"Hurry!" Devon reached over and honked the horn.

"Babe, I'm in the car," Josh told her. "Stop honking to rush me."

"Stop telling me what to do." Devon muttered.

"Gosh." He sighed.

"Don't you gosh me," Devon waved her finger at him. "I'm about to piss myself and you're annoyed."

"You're always about to pee yourself."

"If you had a child sitting on your bladder, you would too." Devon snapped.

"I'll find you," Devon told him after they got out of the car. "Just give me my ticket."