.:sixteen:..

On that Friday, rather than Devon going to Josh's apartment, Josh convinced her to go home.

"Josh no," Devon shook her head as he voice cracked. "I can't go back home. I-I can't deal with that."

"Look," Josh placed his hands on either side of her neck, tracing her jawline with his thumbs. "We already talked about this."

"I-I know, but everything is still there." She told him. "I can't just clean everything up and act like it never happened."

"That's not what I'm saying," Josh replied. "I just want you to face your fear, okay? I get that it's hard and you don't want to see that anymore, but you have to do it."

Devon was silent as she looked Josh in his eyes.

"You have to hit rock bottom before you know which way to go." Josh told her as he tucked her hair behind her ear. "Remember?"

"I don't even trust myself to deal with it correctly." Devon responded.

"Well you're smart," Josh smiled. "You are so beautiful," he ran his thumbs under her eyes, almost as if he was trying to erase the fatigue. "You have the best attitude,"

Devon let out a small chuckle. "We both know that's not true."

"Shh let me finish." Josh shushed her. "You're an art teacher. You come up with amazing things. You blend colors together to make something completely different. Do you know how much your students admire you?"

Devon shook her head. "Not at all."

"They love you," Josh emphasized the word love. "I know some kids who use your class as an outlet. Guess who taught them that?"

"Me."

"That's right. You are worth so much. You can't spend all that worth on sadness." He lectured.

"You're such an idiot." She cracked a smile.

"An idiot who really likes you and wants you to be happy." He replied.

"Be careful," Devon warned. "You're starting to sound like a boyfriend."

"Is that a bad thing?" Josh asked.

Devon shook her head. "Not really. I wouldn't be opposed to it."

"Hm." Josh hummed quietly.

"So um," Devon wrapped her arms around his neck, playing with his ducktails. "Would you do it?"

"Do what?" He asked, letting his hands sit on her waist.

"Be my boyfriend."

"No." Josh answered quickly.

"What?" Devon grew confused. "But y-you kiss me and call me baby I-"

"I'm not doing it." Josh interrupted her. "Not until I take you on a proper date."

Devon grunted and rolled her eyes. "Why are you like this?"

"I'm not gonna get with somebody unless I actually get to know them." Josh told her.

"Fine." Devon sighed.

"But we can still kiss right?" Josh asked.

Devon flashed a love struck smile before she pressed her lips to his.

Josh laughed against her lips, circling his hands to her back.

"You are so," Josh pecked her lips before continuing. "Good to me."

Devon smiled a bit and let out a small laugh. "You get what you give."

Josh went back to kissing her, his hands traveling down the small of her back, then got tucked into her waistband. He let out a small hum of pleasure against her lips as she bit his.