.:føur:..

this chapter is so cUTE AHSKDD

-

Devon pulled her bag over her shoulder and pushed her car door open, slamming it with her foot. She proceed to open the trunk, pulling out a big box. When she held it, it almost covered her view. She closed the trunk with her elbow and let out a heavy sigh as she started walking towards the school.

"Hey hey hey," Josh caught up to her. "Let me take that," he told her. He didn't really give her a choice as to whether or not he would be carrying it before he took it from her hands. "What's this for?"

"What do you think it's for, dumbass?" She asked him as she swiped her key card and pushed the door open, holding it for him.

When she called him the profane name, it reminded Josh that she wasn't a morning person. "Probably full of stuff for the classroom, got it,"

The two checked themselves in and then headed to the arts wing, Josh carrying the box the whole way. "What's in here anyway?"

"What kind of teacher am I?" She shot at him as she unlocked her door and held it for him to go in.

"Right, I know you're an art teacher but-"

"Just set it on the counter." She interrupted him as she sighed. She was the moodiest morning person that she knew and therefore, wasn't in the mood to hear what anybody had to say.

Josh did as he was told and set the box in its respective place. "Having a good morning?" He asked her sarcastically.

"I have a throbbing headache combined with emotional instability and I haven't even had coffee yet so please leave," she told him as she rubbed her eyes.

Josh left without protest, headed to the break room. Instead of just leaving Devon to suffer on and have a bad day, Josh decided that he would make her some coffee. It might not have been enough to make her day go completely great, but it was enough to at least put a small smile on her face.

On his way back to the arts wing, instead of going directly to the art room, he went to his room and retrieved a sticky note. He wrote a small message on it and stuck it to the cup. He then went back to her classroom. Despite her protests, he went to her desk and set it down, leaving without saying anything.

Devon sighed, already defeated, despite the time not even being eight am. She hesitantly walked over to her desk and grabbed the coffee cup. She took the sticky note off and read it to herself, a soft smile tugging on her lips.

A pretty good drink for a pretty good person who deserves a pretty good day. - Mr. Dun

***

"Don't worry, Daddy's here sweetheart," Josh said into his phone screen. He was standing in the break room, waiting for his coffee to warm up in the microwave. It was his lunch break, which meant it was his favorite art teacher's break as well

Devon heard his words as he stood in the doorway. "Who are you talking to?"

"Oh," he clicked his phone off. "My cat's been sick lately and my mom was sending me pictures."

"You're a cat person?"

Josh gasped dramatically. "I love cats! They're all soft and cuddly - oh! And the cute lil meows," he sighed. "I love them."