.:eleven:..

When Devon woke up on the following day, Saturday morning, she was cuddled up against Josh. She had his tee shirt on and Josh had his arms around her. The sun shown through the blinds, reflecting into her eyes.

"Josh," she yawned as she looked up at him.

"Hmm?" Josh hummed.

"Your nose looks huge from this angle," She whispered. "Actually, it looks huge from every angle."

Josh opened his eyes. "Thanks."

Devon giggled and wrapped her arms around him.

"How'd you sleep?" Josh asked.

"Good, considering it was next to you."

"Who need Mrs. Taylor was such a flirt?"

"Who knew Mr. Dun was such an asshole?" Devon shot back.

Josh chuckled and leaned his head down, giving Devon a light kiss.

"As much as I would like to lay here with you, I have to go home." She told him.

"Aw," Josh whined. "Just a few minutes?"

"No. Don't be so needy." She sat up and reached for her phone. She was smiling from the words she had said to Josh, but it immediately faded when she saw her notifications.

(18) Missed Calls from Katie

"Dammit," Devon said to herself. "Why the..." She rambles the rest of her sentence under her breath.

"Is everything okay?" Josh watched as she walked across the room and retrieved her belongings.

"No it's not okay!" She quickly pulled her jacket on and threw her bag over her shoulder.

"What happened?"

"Oh I don't know, I only got twenty calls from the caregiver of my dying mother, but it's all good and jolly!" She scolded him.

It took Josh a few seconds o take this information in. "Wait... Your dying mother?"

"Yes! Do you have ears? Or are they just as dysfunctional as your eyes when you know I'm upset and want to be left alone?!" Devon wasn't in complete control of her words at that point.

"Is there anything I can do?" Josh asked as he stood up, completely ignoring her insults.

"How about you go back in time and stop my mother from having a paralyzing stroke? Can you do that?"

"No," Josh answered. "But I could drive you home."

"I don't need your help, you dumbass." She insulted him again. "I need you to leave me the hell alone."

"Are you sure you don't need me to drive yo-"

"Absolutely fucking positive." Devon shoved her phone in her back pocket and picked her keys off the dresser.

"Are you at the hospital?" Devon asked Katie over the phone once she got into her car. She had a cigarette stuck between her teeth.

"Yeah. Just get here quick okay?"

"Are you gonna tell me what happened?" Devon asked with a testy tone.