.:thirty seven:.

i started writing this and I didn't realize it was the second to last chapter ??

--

It was May and Devon was going onto seven months pregnant. Even though that was when most teachers took off, Devon was determined to stay as long as she could.

"Dev," Josh was eating lunch with her in her classroom. "I'm telling you. You need to leave."

"And I'm telling you," Devon replied. "I'm not leaving until I have to."

"Okay," Josh said. "When you start having contractions, don't run to me."

"I won't," Devon told him. "Because you would be next to me first."

"Touché."

"And I won't have contractions," Devon said. "I'm not due until July."

"I know," Josh nodded. "I just get worried."

"Well," Devon circled around her desk and sat on Josh's lap. "Don't be. I'll be fine. I always am."

"I know." Josh nodded.

"Mhm." Devon hummed before placing a long, sweet kiss on his lips.

"J?"

"What is it, baby?" Josh asked.

"I can't get up."

***

"Hey, Mr. Dun?" Devon peaked her head into his classroom.

"Miss Taylor." Josh walked up to her and stood by her side with a smile. "What is it?"

"Could you watch my class for a minute?"

"Everything okay?" He whispered. "Is it the baby?"

"Yeah," Devon nodded. "I think I'm about to have a contraction and I don't want the kids to get worried."

"Be careful, okay?"

"Okay." She whispered back. They stepped out into the hall, where Josh have her a quick peck on the lips.

"So who's the lucky guy?" The nurse asked Devon as she got her vital signs.

"Well," Devon sighed, feeling exhausted from the baby she was carrying. "He's not supposed to be with me, but I'm having his baby so I don't think breaking up is an option."

"Go home," the nurse told her when she was finished. "See him."

Devon laughed at the irony of her comment.

***

"Jordan wants us to go to his graduation." Josh told Devon after he woke her up.

"When?"

"First week of June." Josh replied as he watched Devon sit up.

"Yeah," Devon replied. "As long as we can get off."

"I'm so happy it's Friday." Josh said.

"And then Monday comes around."

"You know what we should do soon?" Josh asked as he sat up behind her. He pushed her hair from her shoulder and placed soft kisses on her neck.