.:fifteen:..

It was five in the morning on Monday, and Devon still hadn't left Josh's house. The way they acted around each other ( slept together, constantly kissing, etc. ), it almost made then seem as if they were together for a long time. They were so close physically an romantically, yet they'd known each other for only a few months.

"C'mon Devon," Josh shook her. "I'm saving the hot water for you."

"Stop," she pushed him off of her. "I hate you."

"We have to get ready," Josh said. "You should get in the shower."

"I don't feel like it," she whined as she covered her face with the blanket. "I'll get in the shower if you wash my hair for me."

"You wanna take a shower together?" Josh asked, a bit surprised by her words.

Devon nodded as she threw the blanket off. "That way we can both have the hot water."

Josh handed her a towel and followed her to the bathroom.

"So um," Josh cleared his throat. "Do you really want me to wash your hair?"

"Why would I ask you if I didn't want you to?" Devon sassed as she stepped into the shower.

"Um," Josh tugged his boxers down and stepped into the shower after her. "Maybe you could bring your own body wash or something because I'm pretty sure you don't wanna smell like me all day."

"Assuming I'll be coming over more," Devon said as she began wetting her hair. "And I would rather use yours so I don't have to walk all the way across the hall just to sniff your neck once in between classes."

Josh nodded with a light laugh. "Yeah. That's probably easier."

Devon backed up, letting Josh step under the water. She wrapped her arms around him as he was wetting his hair.

Josh chuckled as he grabbed the shampoo bottle. "Here," Josh squeezed some into his hand. "Turn around."

Devon did as she was told, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Not gonna lie," Josh said. "This is kind of awkward."

"It's only awkward if you make it awkward, Mr. Dun." Devon told him.

They traded places so that Devon scrubbed the shampoo into his hair.

Then came the body wash.

Josh picked up his wash and put some into the palm of his hand.

He gently lathered it down Devon's back, making sure to rub her shoulders a bit. When he got down to her hips, he gave them a small squeeze and let his hands rest on them. Devon placed her hands on top of his, pulling them to her stomach, rather than hips. She put her fingers in between his as she leaned into Josh.

"This is super romantic," Josh said into her ear. "Like a normal couple."

"Who said we were a couple?" She turned her head towards him and gave him a small kiss on his lips, letting her hand linger on the back of his neck.

That's exactly what they both needed.

***

"You do realize how hard this is gonna be to hide, right?" Josh said before they got out of the car.

"Yeah," Devon replied. "I'm wearing your button up. People are probably gonna notice."

They walked across the parking lot together, bags on their shoulders.

"Hey Devon!" Another teacher got her attention. She was walking besides Devon. It was one of two teachers that Josh had to tell off in the break room. "Did you have fun screwing around with Mr. Dun?"

Devon immediately got angry and swung. "Mind your own goddamn business!" She said as she raised her fist, but Josh held her back. Devon fought of course, but couldn't escape Josh's grasp so early in the morning when she didn't even have coffee.

"It's okay Dev," he told her as the teacher walked off. "Don't let her get to you. You're better than her."

Devon straightened herself up, smoothing her shirt down. "I'm gonna knock out those chiclets in her mouth that she calls teeth."

"Don't get too harsh babe," Josh had his hand resting on her back, a habit that he had with all of his girlfriends throughout his dating career. "I don't want you to get fired." He said as he scanned his name tag to open the door.

Devon scoffed. "Babe," she mocked him. "I really hate you."

They went to the teachers lounge, where a meeting was to be held at 7:45.

However, it was only 7:30, and the only other teacher in there was the one Devon yelled at in the parking lot. She was sitting in one of chairs around the table, playing on her phone and minding her own business.

Devon decided that this was the perfect time to say something back. "So," Devon sat at the spot perpendicular to the teacher. "I have a question. From teacher to teacher."

"What?" The woman glared at her.

"Could you teach me how to do that?" Devon asked, a mock-puzzled look on her face.

"Do what?" The teacher looked up in confusion.

"Y'know, how to make the same stuff that comes out of your ass to come out of your mouth?"

"Jesus Christ Devon," the teacher sighed. "Who hurt you? Who made you this way? Was it daddy? Did he touch you? Maybe your uncle - no! It was mommy."

Devon's face turned red, and she suddenly couldn't seem to control how fast she was breathing. She would have leapt over the table to beat the living hell out of her, but Josh grabbed her just in time.

"Hey!" Josh exclaimed as he grabbed her arms that were ready to swing. "Stop. Calm down."

Devon was in tears at the thought of her mother, especially since it had already been one whole week.

Josh pulled her closer, letting her cry quietly into his chest as she clung onto his shirt.

"I'm just letting you know," Josh looked at the woman. "Even if me and her were together, I would still be doing this. Regardless of our relationship, friends or not. And even then, you still crossed the line."

Josh looked down at Devon and forced her to look up at him. He swiped the tears off of her cheeks and took her back to the arts wing.

"We're gonna miss the meeting." Devon told Josh.

"I'll get Tyler to fill us in." Josh said as she sat on Devon's desk. "Besides," he opened his arms. "You need a hug. And maybe a few kisses."

***

By the end of the day, all was well. Devon seemed to be recovered from the situation that the morning presented them.

Josh walked across the hall after locking his door, his bag on his shoulders. "You ready?" He asked Devon.

Devon have him a quick kiss on the cheek as she walked past him, pulling his hand with her.