.:twø:..

It was the first day of school for Clinton Elementary School.

Devon made her way from her classroom in the arts wing to the break room, about halfway across the school, before new kids started pouring into the school.

She immediately wanted to go to the coffee maker, but somebody was already there. So she just waited behind the anonymous person, playing on her phone. She definitely was not a morning person, especially not monday mornings.

"Oh hey." Josh quickly glanced over at his co-worker. Devon didn't bother to say anything back. He was wearing black pants with a dark blue button up shirt.

Josh fumbled to close the lid on the coffee maker, the pretty girl next to him making him nervous. Devon reached over and slammed the lid closed, and returned to her previous position of leaning on the counter with her phone in hand.

"Uh- thanks." He clicked the button, the coffee pouring into the paper-cardboard like-cup. Josh moved along, putting cream and sugar in his cup. He replaced the open top with a black lid, all while watching Devon prepare her own from the corner of his eye.

Two creams and two sugars, Josh thought to himself.

Devon picked her cup off the counter and turned to Josh. She just started at him. Of course Josh did it back. He wasn't able to resist. She was pretty enough to make any girl jealous and any guy to fall ( or at least that's what Josh thought ).

Devon took a sip of her fresh coffee, still staring Josh right in the eye. It was awkward enough between the two, seeing as they got off on the wrong foot. Devon shifted her weight onto her left foot, resting her free hand on the counter, all while keep eye contact with the teacher in front of her.

Josh was at loss for what to do or say to her, so he just went for it.

"Hey uh-"

As soon as he spoke, Devon turned on her heel and walked out. Josh was left looking like an idiot, with his mouth hanging open on awe.

Devon made her way to her classroom, not feeling an ounce of regret for what she just did. She set her coffee down at her desk and sat down in her spinning chair, which she played with too often.

Josh strolled in shortly after, not able to get over what she just did.

"You know, you could at least try to sugar coat the fact that you don't like me,"

"I could but where's the fun in that?"

"You could also try to be nicer." Josh suggested.

"You know, I said that to my dad once when I was ten. You know what he said back?"

"What?" Josh asked with a raise of his eyebrow.

"Shut the hell up." Devon quoted her long gone father.

Josh gasped and covered his mouth dramatically. "Miss Taylor, we work with kids," He sassed.

"Do you see any kids right now? It's only like 8 in the morning. I don't wanna be here,"

"I'm gonna guess you're not morning person," Josh predicted.

"Sweetheart, I'm not an any-time-of-day person." The young teacher officially declared.

"Well, baby girl, I could make you an any-time-of-day-person,"

"K, one, that sounds extremely kinky so don't call me that. Two," Devon mocked him "We work with kids, remember?"

"What's the difference between baby girl and sweetheart?" Josh questioned.

"Baby girl sounds like you have some kind of daddy kink."