.:ten:..

if the song ends before you finish pLEASE PLAY IT AGAIN IT GOES GREAT WITH THE END.

--

"Come on Devon," Josh begged her as he followed her down the hallway. "I can hardly breathe when you don't talk to me."

"Then fucking suffocate." She responded coldly.

Josh scoffed. "Please stop ignoring me." he continued even after they passed the threshold and exited the school at the end of the day.

"What will it take for you to leave me the hell alone?!" Devon responded, her voice breaking. Josh noticed how truly vulnerable she was right then. Her eyes were glossy and slightly puffy, hinting that she had been crying.

"Just come back to my house. We can do whatever you want. Just give me a chance to try to... alter your mood." He asked. "I can't stand to see you this sad."

"Who says I'm sad?" She yelled.

"Your messy mascara and blood shot eyes."

"Maybe I'm just high all the time." She joked, trying to hide her emotional pain.

"I'm not kidding." Josh continued.

"I don't even know where you live."

"You can just follow me." Josh suggested.

Devon was silent for a few seconds before she began dialing a number on her phone. "Hey Katie? I need you to make sure that Allie gets in okay." She said. Josh assumed she stopped because she was waiting for a response. "Yeah I'm gonna be home late, so feel free to make yourself something to eat. Tell Allie the same thing."

Josh's face lit up when he heard that she was going to be home late.

"Thank you so much. I'll see you tomorrow." She hung up.

"So you're going with me?"

Devon sighed and rolled her eyes. "Unfortunately."

***

"I wish I had a tv in the living room," Josh told her. "But a teacher's salary barely covers rent."

Devon stifled a laugh. "Stop being a teacher then."

"Are you saying you don't wanna work with me anymore?" Josh joked.

"Exactly." She said. She approached him and tugged on his tie. "I wanna do other stuff with you." She suggested as she chewed on her bottom lip.

Josh's cheeks began heating up she he realized what she meant. "O-Oh you wanna like - right now?"

Devon nodded. "Just kiss me, you idiot."

So, Josh began doing as he was told. He ran his fingers through her hair, then let them settle on her neck.

"W-Where did this come from?" Josh said between the kiss.

"I've never liked anybody more than I like you." Devon confessed.

The boy chuckled. "I kinda guessed. You're only nice to me."

"What, so that automatically makes you special?" She returned.

"I'm currently on top you, about to give you a whole bunch of hickeys, so I'd say yes."

Devon came to a realization. She realized that no matter what she did, how hard she tried, she wouldn't be able to numb the pain of her mother. "No," she shook her head. "No you're not." She lightly pushed his chest.

"Is everything okay?" Josh asked as he got off of her. He was positive that he had done something wrong.

"Yeah." Devon sat up on the edge of the bed and put her hand to her forehead. "I just need a minute."

"D-Do you want some water or something?"

"I'll be fine." Devon lied as she squeezed her eyes shut. She felt Josh lay down. He began trading his finger up and down the small of her back lightly to let her know that he was there if she needed him. "I'm fine."

Devon cuddled into him, her hand resting on his warm chest. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Josh pushed her hair from her forehead. "It's okay to.. not be okay."

Devon let out a light laugh. She then turned her head and gave Josh a light kiss on his chest.

Josh chuckled. "I thought you despised me?"

"I despise the idea of you." Devon said. "More like the idea of me liking you."

"And here I thought I was the likable one."

"Don't be sassy." Devon grinned.

"I can be just as sassy as you.

"Don't you dare compare our attitudes because I swear I will get up and leave and never cuddle with you again." Devon told him.

"My lips are sealed." Josh replied.

There was a brief moment of silence before Devon sat up and began kissing Josh. It was soft and sweet - the exact opposite of her personality.

Then her phone began ringing.

"You wanna get that?" Josh pulled away.

"Just ignore it." She told him as she reached over and flipped the silent switch on without even looking at the screen.

Her phone rang.

And rang.

And rang.

And rang.

And she never picked it up.