Chapter- 5 The Mystery Guy (Part 1)

Alkira's pov-

I was walking to the denser part of the forest. There was no need to follow him. I know exactly where he will be.

My thoughts drifted to that fateful day, and my mind swarmed with questions that kept me up in dark hours. What would have happened if I hadn't stepped in? What would have happened if I hadn't gone to meet him?

*Flashback*

A few months had passed since the incident when Ana and Daimen had seen my wolf. My first shift had drained me to the bone. I had not shifted again after that one time. Sira had told me it was expected, and my body was slowly but steadily regaining strength. I will be able to shift once my body is accustomed to the changes.

We were on the ground fighting with each other. Almost everyone was in his wolf form except me.

The people in this pack are friendly. They have accepted me as their own, and I am trying to accept them as my pack. I still don't talk to many people. Alpha, Luna, Daimen, and Ana are the only people that I can go to and strike up a conversation with. For the rest, I only speak when I am spoken to. I answer them softly and hesitantly, still, varying what they think of me. Their warm smiles help a lot, but I am afraid to get attached, thinking I might lose them too.

I was drawn out of thoughts when my wolf started feeling uneasy.

'Something is not right. I feel a sudden change in the atmosphere like something bad is about to happen.'

My wolf told me, sounding tense. I stopped my fight with Ana's wolf and told her I would be back in a minute. I need to drink water. I reached the corner of the ground from where I could see everyone that was present there. Starting from one corner, I quickly and sharply moved my gaze. After a quick survey, I still found nothing.

'You are just being paranoid. Nothing is wrong here.' I said to my wolf, feeling a little confused.

My nose caught something when I was about to turn over and walk away. It was a strange scent. It felt like I knew the intruder.

'Neither a rogue nor a member of this pack.'

Sira was right. I looked around frantically. The creepy feeling came back with full force. My eyes darted here and there, trying to find the person, my nose trying to give direction to my eyes.

Finally, my eyes settled on a figure hidden between leaves. He was aiming at someone. His arrow pointed towards the ground. I followed the line of sight of the arrow to the ground. My breath got caught in my throat. It was aimed at our alpha.

'We need to save him. He is our alpha. We cannot let another innocent die.'

Without any further delay, I sprinted toward him. The arrow left the bow shortly after. Nobody knew why I was running like a madwoman and shouting at them to make way for me. But they parted, giving me entire space to run to my destination.

Everything happened so quickly. I pushed the alpha aside, and the arrow pierced my shoulder. For a few seconds, nobody moved. I cried out in pain and fell to the ground.

That must have been a wake-up call for them; the next thing I knew, everyone was in action. I weakly pointed towards the tree where the culprit hid, words barely making sense to my ears.

I was still holding my bleeding shoulder when Ana took me in her arms, saying something I couldn't comprehend. I tilted my head and looked at the Alpha. He was alright. I smiled a little. He met my gaze and paled. I didn't know what was happening anymore.