Chapter- 19 Trouble In Paradise

Special thanks to - alphagirlR

Alkira's pov -

"Woo... faster... xavi... faster."

This girl will be the death of me!

"Well, at least she is holding him tight just like you wanted." Sira chimed.

Yeah... that is the only thing keeping me sane. Plus it looks like she is having the time of her life.

"Judging by her frequent howls and laughs, I am sure she is enjoying her ride."

Yes, she is.

"Now tell me, why the change of plans?"

I noticed some subtle changes in his character that made me think that there is more to him than meets the eye. When I first saw him his eyes showed me that he was genuinely surprised to see me alive but then I saw the changes. His eyes were filled with a hunger for power and he tried to hide that from me but I was aware of his actions and caught it.

After that his extra sweet behavior...his attempts to keep me in the dark...I felt like he was hiding something from me. It was not about my old pack but about me. Like he knew something about me that even I don't know. When he was with me I sensed his lust and something else.

Last night when I caught him with someone else he didn't come after me right away knowing that I won't listen to him but he was at my door first thing in the morning pleading that she seduced him and that he never cheated on me in the past. He even went on his knees and begged me to forgive him. After my repeated denial something flashed in his eyes that stunned me. It was for a brief second but I caught it.

Do you know what it was?

His eyes were emotionless... blank... and then filled with anger... hatred...and that scared me. So I said that I needed time and I will be leaving with Rose and Samira. He agreed readily. He didn't think for a second what if Samira spilled the beans and told me the truth? It was like he had everything under his control. When we departed his eyes were on me all the time watching me like a hawk.

Samira too hasn't spoken a word. She is quiet and is avoiding my eyes. So I decided it is not the right time to introduce you to him. He is definitely hiding something.

"I too sensed something was off about him. You are right we can't take the risk of letting him know about us."

"Momma."

"Yes, Rosie?"

"I won... Woo."

"Yeah, sweety... I am happy for you."

"But momma why we stop?"

"I don't know."

It is then that I noticed that Daimen has stopped running and everyone was staring at me. I noticed that we have reached the clearing. I got off of him and Rose also climbed down Xavier. They both ran behind a tree and came out in human form with clothes on.

"How were you talking to Rose?"

"I was talking to her like I am talking to you, Daimen. Why are you getting so riled up?"

"You were talking to her and your lips were not moving. You were mind-linking her." He said as he crossed his arms in front of him.

"Exactly! We are curious about the how?" Xavier piped in. I looked around and noticed that Samira has yet to come back so I can answer them freely.

"Well, you know that Rose is a rogue and Zen did not accept her into his pack. When I met Rose we connected instantly and my wolf also see her as our own. So we formed a link with her." I explained.

Samira was walking slowly towards me. She stop in front of me, her eyes were brimming with tears. After what felt like forever she hugged me and cried softly. When she broke our hug I noticed that her eyes were filled with pain and longing to share her pain with someone.

In time we will talk about it but not now. I am glad that Daimen is her mate though.

They both are perfect for each other. I tilted my head and noticed that Daimen was somewhat breathing more easily. He was relieved to see any kind of emotion from his mate. I nodded to him and moved my lips close to her ears. Softly, I whispered that we are there for her. Gently, I removed myself from her turned her around, and pushed her into the waiting arms of Daimen.

It felt like a spell was cast by someone. I thanked the moon goddess for creating mates. It was a surreal moment... too good to be true. But I know that it was indeed true. As I have felt their pain, I have felt their turmoil and now I feel how happy they are in each other's arms.

The serenity was broken when I heard the screeching sound of tires. A black SUV stopped a few feet away from us. I can clearly tell from the smell that it is from my pack. I glanced at my wristwatch and see that it is only 11:45 am. They are fifteen minutes early. When we left Zen's pack Daimen called our home and told them to come and get us from the clearing on neutral ground.

The front door opens and a boy gets out. He looks around for a while and finally, his eyes settle on me. He started walking towards me and then broke into a run. He hugged me like I was his life.

I am still amazed at how he has grown up. It looks like yesterday that I saved him and shifted for the first time. He was so thin, his bones were sticking out and now look at him. He is healthy and strongest among the guys his age.

"Don't forget to add that he is also the only one who can shift under 16 and he is just thirteen years old."

Yeah. My Adam!

"Please, never leave me again. I will go with you where ever you go for how long you go. I will go with you. I was scared that I might never see you again. You are the only one left for me. Please don't leave me."

I was surprised for a while as he was speaking. He was quiet most of the time always immersed in his own world. He was polite but barely spoke to anyone more than necessary. He talked to me and Luna but never this freely. He never showed too many emotions.

Now he was talking and every single word he utters is laced with a feeling. His worry for me is clearly visible. I hug him tightly and murmur that everything is fine.

"Please...mom." He said softly. He only calls me mom when he is distressed. He knows that I am not his real mom but regards me as one since I saved him. Helen too looks after him but he is closer to me.

"Momma!!"

We heard a small whimper and broke our hug. I noticed that it was from Rose and she was looking at us with tear-filled eyes.

I also noticed that Adam has gone quiet and now was staring at Rose more specifically throwing daggers with his eyes.

Oh god! Help me!