Chapter- 32 Acceptance

Alkira's pov -

I was currently sitting in my car along with Alpha Samuel; we all were going back to my pack.

Keith was following us with his beta in his car. Our human prisoner was also with him.

I was experiencing a tingling feeling in my heart for the first time in a long time.

My eyes were closed, a small smile was playing on my lips and I was softly humming a tune of my favorite song Sway.

Despite the urgent matters pressing at our hands like interrogating our prisoner, Zen's weird behavior, the reason for the rogue attack, etc... I was relaxed and content in a way I have never been before.

I felt someone caress my head. I turned my head and opened my eyes.

Alpha Samuel was looking at me. His eyes brimmed with tears and his smile a little wobbly for my liking.

When he spoke his voice was hoarse.

'I have never seen you this happy my child. I can see that he is good for you. Finally, you will be getting all the happiness you deserve.'

I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

'I am happy.'

After a second I added.

'He said he likes me.'

I was still a little overwhelmed by what happened between us in the hospital room. It felt like a beautiful dream. So fragile, that it might shatter at any second. But self-deprecation plagued me. Do I deserve this happiness? Am I worth it?

'What's not to like? Only a fool will not like you nevertheless love you.'

His voice lowered an octave at love.

'You deserve all of the world and more my little princess.'

With that said he kissed the crown of my head and held me close. Her warmth was reassuring making all the worries stay at bay.

'Sleep princess, you are tired I will wake you up when we reach there.'

His velvety voice drifted off as I let my eyelids droop.

The last of my thoughts were of us being in the hospital room waiting for his answer.

Silence hung in the air as my mind raced with all the thoughts of him rejecting me. I closed my eyes shut and braced my heart for another splitting ache. This would be not your first rodeo, I consoled myself. The second time should hurt less, right?

But it never came.

Instead, I felt a feather-light touch on my forehead that made me open my eyes slowly.

He had kissed me.

With a small smile playing on his lips he took my hands in his and began what I felt like a swoon-worthy confession.

'I accept you as my mate. How can I not? You make it impossible for me to say no to you. I have seen your selflessness when you jumped at the rogue without so much as another thought to save the girl. I have seen your compassion and loyalty for your work when you patched up the human the second you got to know about him being one.' He took a deep breath and continued.

'I don't need to know you... to know the rest of you. The glimpse you showed me was enough to make my decision. But I do want that opportunity. I want to know what makes you smile. I want to know what makes you happy and most of all I want to be the person behind it.'

He continued after a brief pause.

'I know that we can be wrong for each other but that is for us to explore and decide later on. Moreover, I have a feeling that we won't be wrong.'

'There will be hurdles in our way but together we will overcome them.'

Taking a breath he said in a most sincere voice.

'I like you, Alkira. I know I was attracted to you the minute you stepped in the hall but I have to come to like you for who you are.'

'I would love to know you more so yes I accept you as my mate.'

I didn't know I was crying until he reached out and wiped off my tears.

We talked some more about what would happen next and decided that for now we will go to my pack (him and his beta) and stay there for a week or two.

We will also take the human with us and will question him there.

There was only one thing that was making me slightly worried.

Keith didn't know about me being an alpha.

I need to tell him about it soon.

I know this will ease off his tension about me being power-hungry. But I was worried about how he will react to it primarily or if anyone else told him before me.

I had told alpha Samuel to inform everyone about us coming back with guests. I also told him to not tell anyone about Keith being my chosen one.

So they knew not to call me alpha before them. But still, the worry was there.

As I was worrying myself to death Kira shushed me and firmly ordered me to relax and bask in happiness as finally we too had someone to love and cherish. So I accepted her advice and let loose for a while.

I was woken up from my peaceful slumber by alpha Samuel.

'We have reached here and everyone is waiting for us outside the pack house.' He informed me with slight amusement in his voice.

At his tone, my eyes opened up wide and then narrowed at him.

What was he hiding?

'Annabelle is at the front waiting for you.' He was trying to bite back a smile.

What did he tell her?

'Maybe it slipped by someone that you have chosen your mate.'

His cheeks turned light pink.

He had the gall to look embarrassed.

At the sight of my mortified face, he let loose a chuckle, winked, and slipped off the car.

She will kill me for not telling her about Keith being my mate!

God! Where should I hide? I should drive back before she comes and get me.

I was about to open my mouth to tell the driver to drive but my door was opened up.

There she stood with both hands on her hips and eyes glinting in evil mirth.

'Alkira. You have some explaining to do!'

Yay, for my best friend! I was doomed. Someone save me from this about-to-happen grilling session!