Chapter- 35 A Good Start & A Mate

Alkira's pov-

I woke up with a smile on my face and hope in my heart.

I was for once hopeful about the future. Whenever I had thought about the future only one thing occupied my mind.

Revenge

For killing my people.

For breaking my heart.

For destroying innocent lives.

But today for the first time in what seems forever I see more.

I feel more.

It was all because of Keith.

This newfound happiness is my dream.

I was envisioning my future self doing something other than taking revenge.

And it felt good.

With new buds of love seeded deep in my heart, I welcome the day with open arms...

He took me for a walk just before sunrise. We talked and had breakfast near the lake. He had prepared little club sandwiches along with fresh juice and fruits. We ate sitting on the blanket under the tree and watched as the sun rose in the sky.

I saw as the colors changed and along with that something changed in me too. There was always this agitation in me that never left but today I was at peace.

It was perfect and I loved it.

After that Keith went in search of his beta saying that something came up. I asked if he wanted me to come along. He smiled and thanked me but slightly shook his head. He said that I already have lots to do but if he needed me he will find me.

I nodded and went to my office to deal with the paperwork. I was happy we had our time together and if he needed then he will come for my help.

It was due to my good start of the day that when I received this information I felt less worried and reacted more calmly. I was done with the paperwork already and was contemplating visiting the human rogue but now this problem needed my attention.

I stood up and looked at the good doctor.

"Dr. Simmons I will come right away with you to see him. Lead the way."

He nodded and started walking. My third in command was getting out of control. After his mate died giving birth to their daughter Lily, Blake went berserk.

His wolf took over and ran away from the hospital with his dead mate's body in his arm Leaving his newborn child in the care of the hospital. Later we found out that he had buried her body under the willow tree, where they had met for the first time.

He stayed there in his wolf for a full week besides her grave before I was able to drag him to the hospital to see his daughter. He put up one hell of a fight. His relinquishing full control to his wolf helped his agenda but I was his superior and had the upper hand.

I let him fight me so that he can let go of all the bottled emotions he had kept hidden in his heart. In the end, I had to use my alpha command on him when he went for my neck. I knew he thought that if he attacked me with intent to kill I would be left with no option except to kill him for breaking the law, but how could I?

His senses were haywire. All he wanted at that time was to die so that he could be reunited with his mate. But I couldn't let that happen. I know living without a mate is like living in hell. But he has to try...For his daughter.

I made special medicines for him to keep his wolf suppressed. He had to make a connection with his daughter to find that will to live.

But his wolf was posing serious problems.