Chapter- 45 Life Goes On

Alkira's pov -

It has been a week and my mind is still affected by what he said to me. I don't know if I will ever forget that. How could a person be so poisonous?

I clearly remember what he said to me, how he framed each word to make me hurt more and more. His biggest revelation. I had my doubts that it was him but he confirmed it.

'I only used you to fulfill my purpose. I could never be with someone like you. I love power and wanted to mark you to gain access to that. I don't think anyone will love you. You are nothing. When I got to know that you were my mate I was so disappointed. How could the moon goddess pair me with a wolf-less werewolf?' He snarled.

'How cruel of her. But then I thought why not use it in my favor? When I heard of your uncle plotting against your father. I was ecstatic. I could get rid of you and will gain status too. It was easy.' He laughed maniacally.

'You remember that scar on the back of your right shoulder. It was me who threw that knife but I missed it.' He spat the last word with a smirk as if proud of his work.

After hearing that I couldn't stop myself. I let out my frustration. I told him what I thought of him. That he was a low-life runt who didn't deserve me.

I know that what he said was rubbish but I was finding it hard to digest. My mate tried to kill me. So when Xavier came I told him in a voice that lacked any emotion to kill him as I didn't want to dirty my hands with his blood and left.

I am happy that all of this is over but something is missing. And I don't know what it is.

"Kira, you okay? It's been a week. Are you going to tell me what the heck is wrong with you or do I have to slap it out of you?" Ana said in her no-nonsense voice.

I didn't even notice when she entered my room. Looks like I have to tell her if I don't then maybe she will really slap it out of me!

"Fine." I pouted a little but told her everything.

"Kira. You idiot. You had us all worried over nothing. You are important to us. And if you still don't know that by now then I think we are indeed doing something wrong."

She gave a dramatic pause and jumped on me.

"I know what will make it good. Shopping."

We had a girls' day out. After a lot of shopping and pampering when we reached the pack house it was around 9 o'clock. They ushered me in my room and dressed me up. I had asked multiple times what the occasion was but their lips remained sealed.

Finally, after the torture was over and I looked at myself in the mirror I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was looking pretty.

Beautiful even.

I was wearing ankle length white strapless dress that had pink daisies as a belt wrapped around my waist. My hair was loosely curled and left unbound draped over my left shoulder. The only accessory I wore was a bracelet with charms gifted to me by the people I love on several occasions.

I felt happy. I had an inkling what this might be but I am not sure.

They took me out of the pack house, deposited me in the waiting car, and waved as I left for an unknown destination. My heart was thumping loudly against my chest.  I could hardly sit still.

After an hour of suspense, the car stopped and someone opened the door. I recognized the place immediately.  We were at the border of Keith and my territory. I was escorted to the back of the beach house.

The picturesque decor took my breath away.

In the center was a tent decorated with fairy lights. The way to it was highlighted by fragrant candles. I could smell the lingering jasmine that made the atmosphere enchanting.

I was standing at the starting point immersed in the beauty of it when I sensed his presence.

"This is beautiful."

"Not more than you." He took my hand and led me inside. I know the line was too cheesy but I still fell for it. I was in awe looking at my surroundings.

The floor was covered with soft white carpet and in a corner there were futons covered with blankets accompanied by numerous cushions.

"I hope you like it." He said in a breathy whisper.

"I love it."

He held me in his arms. My back to his front and started speaking.

"I know we haven't been with each other in a while and with all the things going on we couldn't. But now all of that is in the past. I know there is something that is troubling you and you will tell me when you are ready." He continued after a brief pause.

"In the meanwhile, let me pamper you. Let me love you the way I want to. You are the most precious thing the goddess could give me apart from the 12 children that we will have In the future."

"Twelve". Bewildered I turned and faced him.

"We are not having 12 children, two will do."

He pouted and continued to bargain.

"Five."

"We will see." I was amused. 

This man, my mate was thinking about our future children when we haven't even completely mated yet. The last step still remained.

"So the love of my life let me cherish you. Let me make you mine."

He was looking at me with so much love and faith asking for my permission. I know we haven't said the three magical words but they mean nothing if said in vain.

This means much more than that.

I couldn't resist anymore.

So I leaned in, cupped his face, and kissed him giving my permission with the only way I could think of. We have our whole life that we can spend however we want with each other. We have all of that and more.

And this is just another chapter that has come to an end.

You live as long as you have life and life goes on.