Chapter- 44 The Last Battle

Alkira's pov -

I think I was having trouble with my vision or my mind was playing tricks on me. Because I was absolutely not seeing my younger brother Sean.

But I guess today was a day of miracles... not only my uncle Max was alive but my brother too.

Uncle Max took hold of my arm and led me to him. Somehow I reached him... my legs were moving on their own accord and my eyes were seeing him but my brain was not processing any of this.

It was like having an out-of-body experience. You are watching your body perform actions but not actually experiencing them. Finally, I was out of my trance when Sean pinched my nose.

It was our way of greeting each other.

"Hey big Sis, missed me." He tried to be nonchalant about it. But his voice broke at the end betraying his inner anguish.

"No, I didn't. Who will miss you? You were the adopted one." I teased with my practiced line.

Then I was engulfed in his arms. Seconds later I felt another body pressed against mine, another set of arms encircling us making it a group hug.

"Our little insect has come." And Dom was back to his idiotic form.

"Let's go... I will introduce you to all of these amazing people. They will bear with you for my sake." With a wink, I took hold of his hand and lead towards the pack house.

"Xavier allows them in. They are allies. Brief them about our attacking strategy."

After mind-linking Xavier I looked back and saw that Dom and Uncle Max were going on about something. Dom was looking contrite while Uncle had quite a scowl on his face.

Thinking to rescue Dom I shouted.

"Uncle Max let's get your tummy filled you can grill him later."

He nodded and with what looked like one last remark let him go. Dom looked relieved and sent me a grateful smile.

After the introductions were made and early dinner was eaten we exchanged our stories. I told them everything that I know of, and they told me how they survived.

Uncle was running late that day and reached when everything was over. He searched for survivors and found Papa and Sean barely holding to life. Sean was unconscious but Papa was in his senses withering with pain.

Papa told him about what he thought of the attack. He hinted about the involvement of Uncle Richard. With a promise to take care of Sean and look for us Papa took his last breath in his arms.

Uncle took Sean to a safe place, looked for us for months, and when he couldn't find anyone left the country with him.

He came here yearly like a pilgrim looking for huj. A few months back he finally found me but was a little wary of circumstances. He was looking for the moment to approach me and today seem like the best.

I had talked to Xavier and he told me that Uncle's Warriors are strong. They will prove to be a great asset.

"Uncle your warriors seem fine and ready for battle."

"Ahhh! But they are neither trained by me nor under my command."

I was confused, if they are not his then was Sean somehow involved?

Seeing my confused expression he laughed. I pouted but didn't say anything.

"We are not a pack per se. You know that I don't want one either. They are just like me. They have their own ideas and beliefs but one thing is common in us. At some point in their lives, they too have faced difficulties and someone was there to help them, basically your brother. He trained them too and never asked for anything in return."

I looked at my brother and felt pride swell inside my heart.

"He also opened a 'Home' for people who want shelter and help them to realize their dreams. When people at home heard about your brother coming here to help his long-lost sister they wanted to come along and help. We couldn't say no and let them join us."

"You made my dream come true. What about yours Sean?" Words tumbled out of my mouth in a hoarse voice.

"I felt like such a failure when I couldn't save you. I saw you going after that rogue who was about to kill that child. I couldn't come after you quickly enough and the next thing I know is you have disappeared. I went inside the forest and looked for you but it was a futile effort. I failed you."

"No Sean, you didn't. It was my choice and stop blaming yourself." I ordered him.

"After my uncle took me to his place I was a shell of a person. Then one day I found a little girl passed out in the forest. I took her home, cared for her, and helped to find her family. I felt happy when I remembered your dream of making a place for people like her. I felt like I have found my purpose. So I went on with it and named it after you. I realized my dream too. I also train them to face future challenges." He said it with a smile. I leaped out of my chair and hugged him tightly.

"Now, let's get to bed before it is too late. We have a fight to win come tomorrow". Helen said cheerfully and we broke apart. I ruffled his hair and all of us went to bed.

Xavier's pov-

We found them exactly Kira told us. We didn't face any difficulty in rescuing them. With the help of our new friends, it was a piece of cake. But when we finally laid eyes upon them after disposing of the watchdogs all color drained my face.

It wasn't a sight for the faint-hearted. They were beaten brutally and hooked to IV containing Silver. Their ashen body color made me wish for Zen to be here so that I could kill him again and again.

With great care, we took them to the hospital and doctors took over the charge.

Finally, we were free to join Kira.

"Dom, what do you think will be happening there?" I asked curious to know what he thought.

"Well, they will be doing fine. I have full faith in Kira and our warriors trust her judgment completely. So I don't think there will be anything to worry about. Moreover, we will be there in a few seconds and see it firsthand."

We reached the ground and saw that it was a blood bath. There wasn't a patch of grass that wasn't stained red. We could see that the fight was almost over. Only Kira stood in the center of it and was shouting something at a person lying near her feet.

Her dress was in shreds barely covering her body. As we reached her I recognized the half-dead body lying at her feet as Zen.

She was in no better condition judging by the scars and blood running from her wounds.

She faced me and choked out what resembled some words and left the field.