Chapter- 23 Calm Before The Storm

This chapter is dedicated to "SkylerSabine" and "viperbigdog" for joining me in this tale and also for their votes.

A special thanks to Angela-F-Bryant for her being a continuous reader of this book. 

Alkira's pov-

I was sitting at my favorite place thinking about the past few months. Sometimes time seems to fly away. These few months went by in a blur.

Many things have changed.

It seems like yesterday when I had asked them to accept Samira with open arms and now she has become an inseparable part of our pack.

I remember when she incidentally broke the vase and was frozen on the spot. It took me a few minutes to understand that she has panicked and was afraid of her punishment but before I can say or do anything Helen came to her aid.

She was like a frightened child who was dreading the worst. Helen's love was like a soothing balm over a scorching burn. They bonded more than well and it helped me ease some of my tension toward her.

But she also had her breakdown days. She will be laughing alongside us and suddenly her body will go stiff for a few seconds and the next thing we know she will be running at full speed towards the woods to escape from the darkness.

Although they were diminishing still she had her days of dark episodes.

It was two weeks after her stay here that had her first breakdown. Nobody knows what triggered that. She ran off to the woods and not returned for half of the day. Everyone was worried and Daimen was going crazy. It took us one hour to finally found her.

She was found beneath a tree. Her cheeks carried tear stains. She was passed out due to sheer exhaustion. I needed to talk to her alone but Daimen was not having any of it. His wolf was refusing to go without her.

I tried to reason with him but it went down the drain so I had to use Alpha command on him. He was surprised as only an Alpha could do that or someone with power. He didn't speak out his thoughts but I had already read the question in his eyes.

He wasn't aware of the alpha blood I had in my veins. I felt guilty for not telling any of them about my lineage. But it has to be done.

After he left I morphed into my wolf and approached her. I sat on my stomach beside her and started licking her face to wake her up from her slumber.

She stirred and after a while opened her eyes. She was disoriented and took some time to come around. Finally, when her gaze landed on me her eyes went wide in panic. When she realized it was me red her face split into a wide grin. She flung herself on me and held on tight.

For the next few minutes, she stayed like that and cried silently burying her face in my neck. When she broke apart she gave me a slight smile. I felt relieved when I saw how genuine it was. She started stroking my hair.

She felt relaxed and began to lighten her heart. She told me how all of a sudden she was overwhelmed by her situation. She couldn't cope with it hence she ran away. She was exhausted hence she plopped down here. It was then that she noticed what had she done.

She started crying hysterically saying that it was a stupid idea to run away. She felt horrible. After everything this pack did for her all the love she received and that is how she repays. She has ruined it.

She can't go back to them as they wouldn't want someone as weak as her. She cried some more when she realized that she has left her mate too.

She was acting so stupid that I wanted to smack her head for thinking such absurd things. But I couldn't for the sake of my cover so instead I nipped her fingers lightly. That did the trick and she stopped. But it only lasted a few minutes as she decided to leave this pack for better.