Chapter- 17 Lost friend

Special thanks to - loveyyou89

Alkira's pov -

I was getting anxious sitting idle, mind swirling with these dreadful thoughts, so after a few minutes, I left the room to find some answers. I really don't know where I was heading so relying on my instincts I kept walking.

I went around the corridor and stopped. There were two paths one leading inside the house and the other probably outside as I could see some greenery out of the corner of my eye. I needed some fresh air and my wolf too was yearning for a run out in the woods so I decided to go that way.

I was right.

I stepped out and noticed that now I am in the backyard. The sight was beautiful, green grass with some patches of white and yellow dandelions here and there. Tall trees surrounding the perfectly cut grass there was no need for the fence as they gave it a rectangular cut naturally like they were planted that way.

It was a perfect place for a picnic or barbecue. I smiled sadly as I remembered some old memories.

We used to have barbecue nights once a month. My brothers along with my dad would set the grill while Mum and I would be in the kitchen preparing various foods. We would come out with trays of different articles and they would help us out to bring more. Then we would wait for them to start the grill. I would be sitting in between my mum and dad. Being the only daughter I was the favorite of all despite that I had a younger brother.

I broke out of my trance when I felt someone gently wiping out tears from my cheeks. I didn't realize that I was crying.

I turned my head and saw that it was Daimen.

"Don't cry, Kira. Keep in mind that we are with you. You don't have to suffer alone."

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. After a while when I felt I was okay I lifted my head and gave him a smile that showed him that I was grateful for him to be here with me.

"I am going to take a run. Sira is restless. She needs to be free for a while. Don't worry I will be back by 6. And I will be careful."

"Okay. We will be waiting." My reassurance did nothing as I still caught the lingering worry in his words.

After sending a half-smile his way I started walking away without a backward glance. He knew that I needed some time alone and hence didn't ask me to come along despite being wanted to do so. I kept walking in my human form until I was deep in the forest. Looking around I sensed nothing, feeling secure I walked up to a giant tree, removed my clothes, put them in the hole, and morphed into my wolf.

The instant I changed I felt more of myself. It gave me comfort. I don't know why but whenever I am in my wolf form and in the woods, near nature, it gives me immense delight. Even when I have not morphed into my wolf the happiness I experience walking amidst the wilderness is beyond my understanding. It seems like it calls to me. It is enchanting.

I started to run letting myself go. I gave myself to Sira and let her do as she pleased. Some time passed and it was peaceful but then I heard a sob. I halted and listened carefully. There it was again. Someone was crying.

I opened my eyes and started searching. I followed the sound and reached an area. It was filled with wines and bushes; the ground was a bit soft as my paws were sinking in slightly. I strained my ears and listened more carefully, the sound of sobbing was coming from here, but where?

I moved ahead and made my way through the thick bushes. I found a way in with great difficulty. If I was not looking for something here then I would have surely mistaken this place as nothing more than a part of the woods. But I was wrong. As I went in, the narrow path parted and I was greeted by a breathtaking sight.