Professor Longbottom (Neville x Professor Reader)

After the battle of Hogwarts you decided you needed a quite career. So you decided what the hell. Teaching seems okay. So you Professor (Y/L/N) the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher took the job. What you weren't expecting was to run into so many of your classmates kids. It's not that you didn't want kids you were just waiting for the right person and they obviously haven't shown up. You were teaching when he walked in. He decided to introduce himself to the new teacher what he wasn't expecting was you. Neville had a huge crush on you at Hogwarts just never told you. When he walked in you wondered who it was until he introduced himself.

"Hello I heard you were new here. I'm Professor Longbottom I teach Herbology. But you can just call me Neville." He said with the courage he could pluck up after seeing you. All you could think of was the name you had a little crush on Neville your years in Hogwarts but being a proud Slytherin you never told him. But damn he got hotter.

"Hi Neville you don't have to be so formal. I remember you from our years here. Gryffindor right." You said smirking.

Neville chuckled and responded "It's good to see you (Y/N) your looking good."

"Pretty good Longbottom. Little shaken after the war. Took a bit to get a job with my family's history and everything. But McGonagall didn't care about the past decisions of my family and gave me the job." Smiling Neville walked over and gave you hug. You were a bit shocked at first but hugged back. 'Your so strong' you thought you heard but shrugged it off. The bell rang and you realised you just left a whole class there, you let go of Neville.

"Well better get to work. Sorry class." You said. Neville walked off with a wave behind his back. You got your class and recognized as few names. Potter and Malfoy.

********Time skip to Saturday *********

You woke up to flowers on your nightstand with a note. It said 'Meet me in Hogsmead for a Butterbeer? - Neville'. You were surprisingly happy after that and wore one of your best outfits. It was a (F/C) satin button up shirt with jeans and (Favorite Shoes. You put a travel cloak on and headed to the great hall. The breakfast was great as always in the great hall. It felt more lively because it was the first Hogsmead trip of the year. Once it was time you and Neville lined the kids up outside and took permission slips. Once everyone was accounted for you guys headed to Hogsmead.

On the way you and Neville had a pretty shy conversation mostly about how your students were so far and how weird it was to see a Potter and Malfoy not fight.

"So ready for a Butterbeer (Y/N). I'm buying." Neville said.

"Neville no you don't have to I can pay for my own." You replied.

"No I insist. I was the one to ask you here so I buy. Why don't you go find us a place to sit?" You walked away defeated and found a seat in the corner away from students. Once Neville was there with the butterbeer you remembered how you loved the taste. When the golden liquid hit your mouth you still did. You and Neville talked for awhile.

"So (Y/N)" Neville said seriously, "I asked you here because I really, really like you." You didn't reply so Neville stood up but you grabbed his hand.

"Well good thing I really, really like you too Longbottom." You said smirking. You grabbed his hand and walked outside. When you got outside he did something you didn't think Neville would do.

He kissed you and boy was it filled with Passion. You kissed back and Neville gently grabbed your face like he was afraid of breaking you.

You pulled apart with Nevilles Handle on your face still. "Professor Longbottom I guess I really, really like you." You said you grabbed his hand and you both walked back to Hogwarts hand in hand.

A/N: Sorry if I can't update tomorrow I have testing for a private school.