Please Don't (Dean Thomas x Reader)

A/N: This just sort of a simple modern au, not to exciting. I just thought the idea and prompt was cute.

"(Y/N)!" Dean called from downstairs. We had just moved into a new house together and were currently unpacking.

"What?" I called back unwrapping a picture from our first year together in college.

"Can you come down for a minute?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied setting the picture back in the box and heading downstairs. I walked down to see Dean staring out of the back door looking out into the back yard with the pool. "What is it hon?"

        He turned to face me. "Nothing to important, I just thought..." He started walking towards me, "that since we've been working so hard these past few days," He wrapped his arms around my waist and looked at me, "that we deserve a break and that pool out there is looking very inviting."

           I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh, now is it Mr. Thomas."

"Yep." He replied resting his forehead on mine.

"We shouldn't," I said, he looked defeated. "We really need to finish unpacking." I looked up at him, and he pulled out his puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes sighing. "Fine, but we have to finish unpacking this week. I start work next week."

        He picked me up, spinning me around. "Oh I love you!" I laughed.

"You better." I tapped his shoulder a few times. "Now put me down, so I can get ready you arse." We headed upstairs attempting to find our swimsuits in one of the suitcases or boxes. It had been crazy since I  started dating Dean. I'd met him in college, he played soccer and I was working my way through a sports management degree, studying abroad from the U.S. Dean played soccer for the school and was actually a very good player and had many teams asking him to play for them. In the end he ended up choosing the American team, which practiced in Chicago. We had dated the year I was there and kept a long distance relationship the year after I left England, and then he told me he was moving to Chicago for soccer.

         I was in my last year of college, and looking for any postion in sports management. I eventually ended up getting a job with the Chicago Cubs which lead us to where we are now. Moving in together and landing successful jobs. It wasn't all bad, we just had crazy schedules ahead of us.

"(Y/N), I found them." Dean said tossing me my suit.

"Thanks love." I responded heading into the bathroom. I undressed and pulled on the simple bathing suit and threw my hair up. I opened the door and didn't see Dean, he must be outside already. I walked into the hall and grabbed two towels out of the box in the hall. I walked downstairs and outside to the backyard with the decent sized pool. It was a simple rectangular pool, but had a waterfall at the end of it. I looked ahead of me and there stood Dean shirtless looking at the water. I snuck up behind up him, ready to push him in. Apparently he had some cat like reflexes, he turned and grabbed me pulling both of us into the pool.

          I came back up to the surface and glared at Dean. "Was that really necessary?"

         He chuckled wading towards me and placing his arms on my shoulders "It definitely was." We relaxed in the pool for a bit, just talking and enjoying each other's presence. I looked up at the house and saw the connected balcony to our bedroom, which just happened to be in the perfect spot to jump into the pool from.

       I untangled myself from Dean and turned to him smirking. "I have an idea!"

"That can't be good." He replied. I swam towards the edge of the pool and pulled myself out. "What are you doing?" He called towards me.

       I turned to him, drying myself off a bit, to not drip to much water in the house. I ran inside and headed up the stairs almost falling a few times, but I eventually made it to our room. I headed out to the balcony and looked down at Dean smirked.

        His face went from amused to worry. "Please calm down and think this through. You're going to get hurt. You're pumped with adrenaline."

"But you'll be there to bandage me up, so it'll be okay." I responded getting closer to the edge.

      He dragged his hands down his face. "No, I'll be calling 911 and leave you once I hear the sirens."

      I bit down on my bottom lip, trying not to laugh. "That's a lie, and you know it."

"Yeah..." He responded in defeat. "I give up, but if you hurt yourself I get to say I told you so."

         I plastered a cocky smirk on my face. "Fine, but if I don't you're unpacking the last ten boxes."

"Deal." He said crossing his arms in front of his chest.

        I climbed on top of the thick wood railing and prepared myself to jump, it wasn't that hard. I took a deep breath in and jumped. I fell fast waiting to hit water. I hit the water and landed funky on the bottom. I resurfaced and looked at Dean. Trying to hide the pain in my ankle.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

        I smiled, it really fucking hurt. "Just jolly. I believe you have some boxes to unpack."

         He sighed, and headed towards the edge of the pool and climbing out. "Fine, I'll go Unpack boxes. You coming?"

         I nodded. "Yeah I'll be out in a minute just want to stay in a bit longer." I headed to the opposite side of the pool and leaned against the side, taking pressure off my ankle.

"Alright. Let me know when you come in." He headed inside and turned the corner where I couldn't see him.

         I let out a shaky breath and looked at my ankle, it wasn't pretty. "Mother fucker..." I muttered. I was not telling Dean until he unpacked those boxes. He was in the kitchen so I could get past him into the laundry room, and get to the garage without him seeing my ankle. I slowly swam to the other side and got out slowly and ungracefully. I slide my flip-flops on and headed inside, slightly limping.

         I walked in and called out to Dean. "Hey, I'm just going to get something from the store real fast for dinner." I walked towards the laundry room. I passed him without him looking up.

"Sounds good love, I should be done by the time you get back. Love you." He said.

"Love you too." I replied opening the laundry room door. I looked in the basket and grabbed a pair of nike shorts and a t-shirt and headed to the garage. I looked down at my ankle, thankfully it was my left ankle, so I could still drive. But it was definitely getting bigger by the minute. I limped to the car and started it. I pulled out of our garage and driveway and went down the street and turned parking on the side.

        I turned up the music and rolled the windows up and screamed. It hurt pretty bad. I calmed down and headed to the hospital.

        I'm definitely going to be late for dinner....