Get Your Spy On Chapter 6

Get Your Spy On

Chapter 6

Alex’s POV

I couldn’t believe I’d be going to the spy headquarters today. It’s sort of like orientation/ training. He said there’ll be a test as well, but I’m not supposed to know though. Dad has basically gave me the rundown on what’s going to happen; we’ll learn about spy equipment, our enemies, how many tasks we should be able to complete in a year, and our training schedules. I personally felt like this was a waste of time since are parents could teach all of this to us, but apparently by suggesting this you’ll get thrown across the room by your brother.

Sloane could barely contain herself in school. I swear, she’s been acting bright and chirpy all day. I asked her and all she said was she was excited to finally start training hardcore. I will admit it’ll be fun to train now knowing what we’re training for. Tyler wanted to hang out after school, but I had to lie to him and say I was going home to hang out with my family.

Right when I got out of class I raced down the hallway, almost slamming into a group of freshmen’s huddled together.  I saw Wendy finger wave good-bye to her friends, then skip to her fathers’ car, looking innocent like a bunny.

Sloane patted me on the back as she ran passed me to get in her dads car. I laughed and got into my brothers car, saying hello politely. I’m still pissed with him for unkindly throwing me into the wall.

“Dad is already there training,” Ben said, cutting Wendy’s father off on the road. He honked at us, either playfully, or rudely. “The Alpha wanted to talk to him about a promotion.”

“Dad deserves it,” I said, throwing my book bag to one of the backseats. “He’s been doing overtime for him, right?”

Ben nodded his head. I looked over at him for a moment, a thought going through my head. “Say, how does Gary Adams feel about you dating his daughter? I’m surprised he’d let you date her, being a spy and all.”

Ben rolled his eyes at me as if I were a child. “He’s glad I’m dating his daughter. He thinks she’s safer dating a spy than dating a regular boy.”

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. All spies call people who aren’t spies regular people. Personally I think we’re normal people as well, just with an odd occupation. I thought about how just a week or so ago, I had no idea what was really going on in my family. I feel like an idiot for not noticing sooner about Ben and dads odd behavior whenever I talked about work, or the late nights with Sandy which probably never happened.

When Ben rolled up and parked in front of a black building with no sign, I knew we were here. I grabbed my gym bag filled to the brim with clothes to change into, then got out of the car. Sloane strolled up right next to me and gave me a confident smile. I smiled back at her, her smile is contagious.

We all gathered around each other, giving each other nods and handshakes. We started for the entrance, when a car pulled up into the parking lot, nearly hitting one of the SUV’s parked near the front. The car parked, then out came Eric, red faced and sweaty.

“Sorry I’m late,” He apologized more to the parents than us. “School is far from here and I had to go home to pick up my uncles car. . .”

Gary slapped him on the back, then ushered all of us into the building, looking back his shoulder to make sure nobody was watching us. He closed the door tightly behind us, then headed to the secretary behind a black spotless desk. Everything was lined vertically, and not to mention neat. Her hair was in a sleek bun, not a stray brown hair in sight.