Get Your Spy On Chapter 17

Get Your Spy On

Chapter 17

Sloane’s POV

“This placed is beautiful,” my mother gushes as we get on a trolley.

I agree with her, this place is amazing. We’ve already been to the Hard Rock for lunch, and now we’re on the trolley. After that we’re heading over to the Ghirardelli factory. I’ve never been this excited in my life, and I’ve never seen my mother acting so normal before.

When we get off the trolley, my mother loses her footing, and I catch her before she goes face first into pavement. She thanks me, and then laughs it off. I’m sure she’s unaware of her mistake or of the previous ones, but soon she’ll get better. The Alpha informed me the vaccine should be complete and he’ll have a man meet me at the headquarters when it’s ready.

As we’re eating the treats from the factory, mom suggests we get massages. I shrug okay, and as my mother pulls out her phone she frowns. I look at her curiously, waiting for her to call the number.

“Is everything okay?” I ask her, putting my hand lightly on her shoulder.

She stares at her screen, confused. “What was I about to do?”

“We were about to go back to the hotel to rest,” I answer her, trying to sustain a sigh.

My mother nods okay, and then we get a cab to take us back to our hotel. At least I got to do a few things before she starts acting up again. I take the hotel room key and slide it downwards. The green light turns on, and we walk in. I put our bags on the granite kitchen counters, and then I get us both something to drink in the fridge.

“Lie down and go to sleep mom-“

I stop talking when I see she’s snoring on the couch. I put the drink back in the fridge and sip my soda. I couldn’t help but smile seeing her peacefully sleeping. She hasn’t slept much, and on the drive here, I did most of the driving. I didn’t mind though, I just wanted to get away from the headquarters for a while.

I check my phone and see Wendy has left me three text messages. She keeps telling me where to go and what are the best sights to see. I appreciated the first two texts, but after the tenth one, I wanted to turn my phone off and throw it out the window.

I eat more of my candy, and then when the clock hits six o’clock, my mother wakes up and says she’s going to call Sandy.

She’s probably getting ready for the party. My mom puts the phone on speaker, and we both listen to the ringing.

“Hello?” I hear Sandy say, her voice filled with irritation.

“Sandy dearest how are you doing? Are you at your friends’ house yet?”

I laugh to myself. I don’t understand how parents honestly think kids won’t have a party while they’re gone. When I have kids I’m not going to let them stay home by themselves- oh never mind, I’m not going to have kids.

Never going to have kids. It echoes through my mind, and I force myself not to wince. I won’t put them through this, and if I get away, I won’t risk having kids and having them getting hurt.

I snap back to the phone conversation, just in time to hear Sandy start giving mom attitude. “I’m hanging up now before you make a bigger fool out of yourself.”

I grab the phone from mother’s hand, and walk into one of the rooms. “Sandy, what’s the matter with you?”

“What’s the matter with me?” Sandy says out loud, laughing bitterly. “The boy I invited just told me he’s bringing a girl. A girl.”