Get Your Spy On Chapter 19

Get Your Spy On

Chapter 19

Wendy’s POV

I feel empty inside. I lay in bed all day just staring up at the wall, wondering about life. I feel numb, and my mind refuses to comprehend what’s going on. I feel life go by me, but I don’t care. Life has done nothing but kick me and kick me until it hurts to move. The odds are always against me, and no matter how much I try to be a good person or keep my family safe, something always goes wrong.

I hear my phone ringing, but I don’t bother to answer, I know who it is. The Leader has threatened me over and over again, but I just don’t care anymore. What’s the point of helping her if she’s the one who got my father killed?

I feel emotion bubbling inside of me, anger, sadness, loneliness, hopeless, grief, every emotion that puts you in this state. I haven’t eaten in a while, but I have no appetite, and I’ve missed school. I haven’t even gotten up to shower. I’ve only gotten up a few times to pee, and sometimes my friends come over and force me to eat. Alex and Sloane aren’t much help to make me feel better though; they’re doing miserable. They don’t say anything, but I know they are worrying about their parents. I’m jealous of them, all of them. How come my father was the one to get shot and not someone else’s father?

I scold myself, but I still mean it deep inside. I move my head and see the clock strike four o’clock. I hear the sound of the door opening and closing downstairs, and then I see my grandmother come into my room. I wait for her to wrinkle her nose and comment on my stench, but instead she sits down on my bed.

“Sweetie, nothing I can say can make you feel better,” she starts saying, choosing her words carefully. “And I know it’s only been a few days, but you have to stop grieving long enough to take care of yourself and your mother. She’s due soon, and I know she’d rather want your help than mine.”

I narrow my eyes at her. I feel so much hatred right now and she’s the perfect person to take it out on. “You’re asking me to suck it up and move on when it’s only been a few days. I should be able to grieve for years, so don’t even start with me. You can take care of mother because I don’t want to talk to anyone or take care of them. You don’t know anything, because if you were actually told everything that goes on around here, you wouldn’t even be able to handle what I go through. I deserve to have my time to grieve, so go away.”

My words are full of venom, and I know for the first time, grandma realizes she can’t control me any longer, that I’m not her sweet granddaughter, and that I am indeed someone to be afraid of. She stands up, and walks out of my room without another word. I hear her ask my mother if she needs anything, and my mother doesn’t respond.

I take in deep breaths, and then I try to get up. It takes a lot of willpower, and by the time I grab my phone I feel like the whole world is crashing down on me. Just seeing all those threatening text messages and voicemails from the Leader makes me feel like shooting her right in the face.

There’s no holding back. I have to get revenge for what she did to my father, whether that means I die in the process or not. I dial her phone number, and right when she was about to yell at me, I cut her off. “You’re next to die.”

I hang up, and then forcefully I tell myself I have to shower. I do the best I can, but my body is shaking. I’ve hardly moved from my bed, and my body is having hard time taking so much movement. As I look at myself in the mirror in my room, I see a frail looking girl, not Wendy Pierce, the girl who can do anything. My father raised me to fight back, and I can’t disappoint him, not now. I get dressed, and then I call my squad. I tell them to meet me at the park, and then I take off.