Get Your Spy On Chapter 21

Get Your Spy On

Chapter 21

Sloane’s POV

I’m sitting on my bed, taking a nap, when my phone vibrates on my bedside table. I ignore it, too tired to be bothered with Mary’s complaints on how I hardly hang out with her now, or my science partner bugging me to return his calls so we can study. A few seconds go by, and then it starts vibrating again. I throw my hands up in defeat and sigh loudly. I grab my phone, and check the messages, one from Eric and one from Alex.

Eric: EMERGENECY MEETING!!!

I grab a pair of jeans, and pull them on. I throw a sweatshirt over my shirt, and pull on sandals. As I’m running out the door, I click on the text message from Alex:

Alex: Where are you?

Once I’m on the road, I call Alex and leave a voicemail letting him know I’m on my way. Once I get to Eric’s house, I see Wendy and Alex’s cars are there. The door is unlock, so I just walk in, and see Eric is in the living room, holding what looks to be a photo album in his lap.

Wendy and Alex look up at me from the ground, both of them having an impatient look on their face.

“What took you so long?” Wendy asks.

“Who  cares, you three need to see this,” Eric says before I can answer. He shows us a picture of what looks to be Maggie, Neil, and two people who look like Eric. Maybe his parents?

He turns the pages, and when he gets to the last one, Alex, Wendy, and I all gasp when we read the writing underneath it. Get Your Secret Agents On. I look up at Eric, and see his face is full of emotion.

“Neil and Maggie were or are secret agents?”

He nods, and then points at the two other people in the photo. “These are my parents. All four of them were in a squad together. Just like us four.”

“Are you going to tell them that you know?” Wendy asks him, placing her hand lightly on his.

Eric shakes his head. “I don’t know. I can’t believe they’ve kept this from me.”

Everyone is talking but Alex. I turn to him, and I see a look of hate and sympathy on his face. He sees me staring, and stares back, not blinking. He glances at Eric, and coughs uncomfortably. “You know what this means, Eric, right?”

Eric and Wendy stare at him, both of them wearing puzzled looks. Alex sighs, and then stands up and starts pacing. “You were supposed to be a secret agent, not a spy. You were going to be our enemy. How do we know if you aren’t actually a secret agent?”