Get Your Spy On Chapter 25

Get Your Spy On

Chapter 25

Sloane’s POV

I don’t know what I was thinking.  All I could think of was what was going on in my mind. Here I am in bed, staring up at the ceiling. Should I do it? Could I do it? Do I want to know? Of course I do. They say that curiosity killed the cat, but in my case, curiosity killed the spy. I get out of bed and change. I grab a gun and a knife, and then I jump out my window. I hurry after my target, not waiting for another moment. All the evidence adds up, and now it’s time to put it to the test. I could die, but I honestly don’t care. I watch my target cross the street, and then start running at full speed. I hurry after my target, surprised my target hasn’t heard me yet. I am a spy though; I’m trained to be silent. I run for a good five minutes before my target stops abruptly in front of a building. I hide behind a tree, but I squint at the building’s name. A paper company? My target opens the door, and hurries inside the building.

You can do this, Sloane, I tell myself. I clutch the gun tightly, and then hurry in. My target goes up the stairs slickly, and leans against the wall. I hear a gunshot, and instantly I’m wondering what I got myself into, especially with just a gun and knife. At least one thing is for sure, my hunch was right.

My target disappears into a room, my cue to hurry up the stairs. I should turn back, or I should have told Wendy about what I was doing. Stupid, that is what I am. If I die, especially this way, I’m going to be pissed. Stop, Sloane, you need to focus on what’s ahead of you. Aiming my gun, I hurry into the room, and am welcomed by a room filled with paper. One step in this room, and you’ll step on paper. It’s scattered all over the ground, and it’s floor to ceiling piles of paper. Once I walk in, it’ll be war. My target is hiding behind a pile of paper, I know it. I extend my right foot, and can’t help but notice it’s trembling.

How will my target react? Has everything been a lie? I can’t think like that, I can’t afford it. My right foot lands on the ground, and I move forward. I hurry behind a pile of paper, and bullets go off in different directions. Papers fly around the room, disguising me wonderfully. Movement. I see movement coming toward me. I know it’s not my target, it’s too manly. I shoot at it, and I hear it moan, and then silence. Dead. Killing people doesn’t bother me anymore. Disgusting. I lean around my pile of papers, and see my target running to another safe spot. I make sure the hood of my sweatshirt is over my head securely. I don’t want my target to know who I am just yet.

I hear feet on the steps behind me, backup. Were they expecting spies to be here? If that’s the case, I need to make this quick. I don’t want them to think I’m on a mission. I just came here to confront my target. Bullets fly past me, and I end up dropping to the floor, out of time to hide. I flip around and start shooting at the papers. I am given time to hide, barely enough. I have one bullet left. Great.

I take the hood off my head. I take the knife, and silently, I reappear, and shoot cleanly at one of the shooters. He falls to the ground. I don’t know what happened to the other, but I see my target run out of the room. I drop my gun on the floor, and run after my target.

I don’t think they realize who I am. I keep running, easily catching up. As I’m running, I nearly fall over my feet when I see my target raise a gun and shoot someone. I know who my target shot. I watch the body drop to the ground, and I hurry and grab him. Ben.