Get Your Spy On Chapter 9

Get Your Spy On

Chapter 9

Sloane’s POV

I woke up feeling sore. I couldn’t help but cry out loud in tears when I see I’m in the dungeon and it wasn’t a dream. Right when Wendy, Alex, and Eric left, Wendy’s grandparents called a few people, and then all of a sudden secret agents walked into Wendy’s grandparents’ house and said hello to them as if they were friends. The secret agents punched me in the stomach, tied my arms behind my back, tied my legs to each other, taped my mouth, and then dragged me to their black car. They put me in the trunk, cackling like the bad guys in the movies.

The car started, and then they drove out of the driveway. Every time they hit a bump, my body jumped in the air, nearly hitting my head every time. Wherever we’re going, it’s uphill and bumpy. An aching feeling started forming in my shoulders as I tried moving around inside the trunk. I give up after many attempts, sighing out loud in disgust. I couldn’t stand this confinement anymore; I started kicking my legs as hard as I could, crying out loud. I don’t care if this wasn’t how a spy should react, I’m bugging out.

The car makes an abrupt stop and all of a sudden the trunk opens. Two teenage boys pull me out, and then drop me on the road. They close the trunk, then face me. The oldest one with dirty blonde hair, smiled at me as if we were friends.

“People like you should die slowly. You’d make a good slave, but the boss wants to use you for another agenda.”

The youngest one looks uncomfortable, but he tried to cover it with a smirk. Every minute that goes by, the more uncomfortable we all feel. Even the oldest one starts turning green after I’ve been staring at him for four minutes. He coughed, then looked down at his shoes, suddenly finding them interesting.

“Mhmhmhm,” I say, trying to get their attention.

“What?” The youngest one says, his eyebrows crinkling. I mumble more words until he sighs loudly and rips the tape off my mouth.

“Ouch!” I say loudly, giving him a dirty look. He scoots back surprised, but tries to retaliate by spitting on the ground next to me. I roll my light blue eyes at him, “You act like you’re a tough guy, but you don’t want to be a secret agent, I can see it.”

“Shut up!” The oldest one yells, looking on the verge of slapping me. “Stop trying to fill his brain with your lies! He’s my brother now leave him alone!”

I smile innocently at him. If he thinks we’re the bad guys, why not pretend to be one? I look at the youngest one, and stare him down. I can tell by the guys face that I’m looking vicious and ready to strike at any moment. When it looks like he’s about to pee himself with fright, I look away, and start observing everything around me. There’s nothing but trees and an occasional squirrel. The road is gravel, and the dead silence lets me know there isn’t a house for miles here.

The youngest guy grabbed me by my legs, then started dragging me toward an oncoming car. I started kicking and screaming, all at the same time staring at him, begging him with my eyes to let me go. The oncoming car stops, then a woman with gray hair grabbed me by the neck and leaned down toward me.

“Wendy Pierce,” the woman breathed, her eyes widening once she saw me. She waved her hand for the two guys to pick me up, then threw me in the backseat.

Why did she call me Wendy? I wondered, an unsettling feeling washing over me. I hear the sound of the doors locking, then it was just me and the lady who thinks I’m Wendy. Why do they want her anyways? I’m trying to piece things together, but every time I do, I result in missing a huge piece of the puzzle.