Get Your Spy On Chapter 20

Get Your Spy On

Chapter 20

Eric’s POV

Well this is just plain awkward. I have my past love standing with her hands on her hips, giving Wendy the evil eye, and my current love daggering Alicia with her eyes. Shouldn’t a guy normally feel flattered by two women fighting over him? All I feel is anxiety running through me as if I’m going to run into a house full of secret agents weaponless.

“Eric, aren’t you going to say anything?” Wendy asks me, tearing her eyes away from Alicia. She gives me the daggering looks.

What does she want me to say? She knows about Alicia, and she also knows that- okay, she doesn’t know my profound love for her and how I could care less about chameleon changing hair Alicia. I look from Wendy to Alicia, wondering which one is going to punch me first.

“You honestly have nothing to say about this?” Wendy says, trying not to look hurt, but it’s all over her face.

I open my mouth to reassure her there’s nothing to worry about, that I love her, and to move on from this run in. Nothing comes out though, and that’s enough of an answer for Wendy to push past Alicia and walk to her car.

I should go after her, call her back, and tell her to not overreact. Alicia gives me a dirty look. “Way to defend me, I thought boyfriends did those kind of things.”

“It would mean I’d actually have to be your boyfriend,” I snap back, pointing to the door. “You should leave and hopefully never come back.”

Her face turns as red as her hair, and she storms out, screaming names that don’t faze me. I slam the door behind her, almost saying good riddance out loud. I walk to my room, already trying to hatch a plan to get Wendy to get over this. I pull out a sheet of paper and a pencil, but stop abruptly. Why is Wendy able to stomp off the way she did? We all agreed not to date each other, so isn’t it okay to date other people?

Does she expect me to be single for the rest of my life just so she can be happy? I drop the pencil, and crumple up the piece of paper even though it’s unused. Why should I let her do this? I should go right back out and hug Alicia and get back together with her just to make Wendy angry.

Wendy’s not thinking straight though, and I can’t blame her for that. It must feel like she’s losing everybody. I wouldn’t use Alicia anyways. I have more problems to deal with than a petty jealousy fight.

I finish up my rant in my head, and then decide to do something about it. I ask Maggie about it.

“Well, obviously I think you are too young to date someone and be a spy, so my thoughts on this aren’t fair,” she says when she gets home. “But you do need to fix things with Wendy because she’s your partner, and you two need to be focused and in sync with each other.”