one

Sometimes a girl that's been there for everyone else needs someone to be there for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in the box surrounded by darkness. All I could see were the iron walls. There was nothing else, no even a camera or a beetle blade or something, I could be wrong though. I took a smal flashlight out of my bra and inspected the box. I was right, nothing here. How foolish of them.

The box started moving and was going up really slowly, which really annoyed me.
I've never been a person with much patience and this situation was making it worse.

I walked around the box a bit and waited for it to stop. Then it did.
I put my flashlight back into my bra and laid on the ground of the box pretending to be unconscious.

The box was opened and I could hear voices whispering.

I really wanted to open my eyes, to see the boys for real. I've only seen pictures of them, with names, ages, biographies and their numbers. My father told me that I had to learn their dossiers, that I needed to know exactly who they are. So I did, now I know every single one of them, without seeing them even once in my life.

I have seen the maze, though.
It was almost finished by then. My father showed me the design of it. He told me everything there is to know about the maze, including the loophole in it.

That's my mission, break out through the loophole and escape wicked. It's hard, but I'll pull it off. I'll finish my fathers work.

I could hear someone jump into the box, he spoke with a heavy British accent.

"It's a girl." He said in confusion. "She looks kinda dead."

That's newt, the third one they put in the maze. Wicked took him away from his family in Britain when he was like five. He's the second in command here in the glade.

I heard someone saying something about the tattoos on my arms. I had black lines running down my arms ending on the tops of two of my fingers and a symbol on the back of my shoulder. (Picture above)
Another boy yelled something, but I couldn't hear him, it was way too noisy. I could feel Newts hand when he took the piece of paper out of mine.

"She's the last one ever....
What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Okay, was I supposed to wake up now? Probably not, that would ruin my change of getting more information. I kept my eyes shut and tried not to move.

"Med-jacks!" A deep voice shouted. The moment he spoke was the moment everybody shut up. It was dead silent now.
After a few seconds I could hear rushed footsteps and boys complaining when they got pushed a side.

"Newt, help me take her out of the box." The deel voice spoke again.

Newt picked me up bridal style and and lifted me in the arms of someone else, probably the other boy.
"Give us some space ya shanks." He said demanding.

Feet were backing up immediately.

He must be Alby then, the leader. The first one to enter the maze, the person who was alone here for a whole month.
He laid me on the grass and took a step back.

"What do you want us to do with her?" Jeff or Clint said.
Probably Clint.

Seriously!? I thought they were the doctors. I know they aren't real doctors, but if you find a girl who looks like she's dead, it's logical you first check if she's actually dead. Come on, everybody knows that.

"You guys are the med-jacks, figure it out."

I heard clint mumbling something and felt someone putting his head on my chest.

"Who said Clint had first shot at her?" I heard someone yell, "I'm next!" I heard laughter and I got angry.

The kid's lucky I can't stand up and beat the shit out of him. When I 'wake up' that kid is a dead man, if I find out who it is.
Okay, maybe it's a bit overreacted but I can't help it, I have a short temper, can't blame me for that.

"If anybody touches her, you're gonna sleep with the Grievers. " I heard Alby turn in a circle. "Nobody better touch her." He said threateningly.

'Yeah, you go Alby' I thought happily.

"She seems okay, just sleeping I quess." Clint said.

"Good, take her to the homestead. And keep watch."

Someone lifted me up again and walked me to the homestead.

"What do ya think's wrong with her?"

So Newt was in the room too.

"Don't know, I got the job the same way you did."

"Well, then we'll have to wait until she wakes up."
With that he left the room with Clint following him.

I waited several minutes before opening my eyes.