seventeen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks captain obvious. Really helps" I said sassy

He ignored me and turned to the group.

"Our main priority is to get Kira to the symbol unharmed. We just need to pass them, fight them off till Kira touches the symbol. Got that?"
We all nodded.

"Okay shanks. There's just one obstacle between us and our freedom so let's take it down.
If were going die, then we better do it fighting, am I right."

We shouted in agreement and ran around the corner.

The Grievers attacked immediately.

They came at us with their blades and other appendages raised, so I dived and slid underneath one cutting off a leg along the way.
Gally also went underneath and now we were blocking the attack of the second Griever as more runners passed the sucker behind us.
One threw himself on it when another runner was distracting it and stabbed him in the head.
It died, but not without hurting the runner. In it's last attempt to save itself it cut the boy in his leg. He was on the ground and tried to stand up, but couldn't before another Griever killed him. I looked away and tried to hide my emotions far away for the moment.

There were now like seven Grievers standing between me and our escape. Two runners ran away each with two Grievers following them.
The six of us were standing in a thight group and fought our way to the symbol. Everyone got hit multiple times by the Grievers' blades. No serious damage so far, but I'm not sure.

We were now standing in the middle of the group of Grievers and a runner gave his life to save me. He jumped in front of me when I wasn't paying attention to a Griever behind me, the Griever hit him and he was dead immediately. He made me regret that I didn't find his dossier interesting enough to read, I promised myself I would when we got out of here. I would read every dossier of every person who gave his life today and I would get to know all the survivors who escaped wicked with me. With that in my head I jumped forward, I couldn't feel the pain anymore and neither did I care about it, I blocked several attacks and made sure that when a Griever did hit me it would miss my tattoos. I sliced a Griever open when I jumped on it and I killed another one with the help of Gally and the other runners. We killed three of the seven now and the symbol was now like tree ft away. I decided to make a jump for it and a Griever hit me, but he was too late. My fingertips touched the symbol and it turned bright blue. The Grievers fell down and I rolled away as one almost fell on me.

I signed in relief and smiled.
It worked. The Grievers were all dead and their bodies weren't lotdo dangerous anymore. I saw that two other gladers had died and printed their names in my head. 'You'll be remembered' I said in my mind.

I looked at Gally who had several cuts on his body, nothing serious though. He helped a runner to his feet and asked if he was okay.
The boy had a major injury on his arm and it was bleeding heavily. I stood up ignoring the pain from the wound on my hip and walked to the boys while tearing a stroke of fabric from my shirt. I bound it around the boy's arm and then turned to Gally. "Ya okay?"

He nodded and looked at me with a frown.

"But I'm wondering how many other can saw that too."

I looked at the blue symbol behind me.
"We need to find the others, go back to the glade and prepare ourselves to leave. A message is sent to the Right Arm so they'll pick us up when we're out, but we need to go now else there will be no picking up for anybody."

"Good that."

We ran at a pace that was bearable for Rick, the runner, and soon found Newt and Thomas. They were both injured, but not badly.
"Found anyone else?"
I asked secretly hoping he would tell me Minho was already heading towards the glade.
"We haven't found Minho yet, but we did find two runners along the way, both dead."

I nodded and I got a little worried, but I quickly lost it because I know he can take care of himself.

"You guys go back to the glade, organise everyone, were leaving in half an hour."

I turned to Gally and he nodded.
"I'll make sure they're ready to leave when you and the other two shanks return."

We wished each other good luck and separated.

---

I was running through the maze with Thomas, who insisted on coming with me, and after like ten minutes we found the two boys laying next to a dead griever,
both covered in blood.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N Ha Cliffhanger!!
Yeah, thats all.

xoxo

justagirl55