eight

Everything has two sides
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were walking side by side to the homestead and all the while minho hasn't said a word. Me neither by the way. We were just walked in silence until we reached the homestead.

"Go to my room and don't leave it, got that?"

"Then what are you going to do?"
I said suspicious

"Gonna help clean the klunk up."

"And why can't I come with you?" I answered still suspicious.

"Because you look like you can fall asleep any minute and that way you're not very helpful."

Damn it, how could he see that?
I tried to hide it and I thought I did.
But apparently not.

"Fine. It is that I don't feel like arguing, else you wouldn't have won that easily."

"Yeah, that's the reason."

"So you don't believe me? Well, now I'm definitely coming." I said trying not to yawn.

"Just stop talking klunk and go to bed"
Then he left.

I growled, turned around, pulled my stupid dress in place and walked upstairs.

--

I woke up and could hear minho snoring softly. Must have gotten late yesterday. I put on my sandals and silently walked out of the room.

The whole glade was still asleep as I took a walk around the glade. Quess, there's no work today.
Probably better because most of the gladers surely have a hangover.

I could hear birds chirping and the sun was rising slowly. There was a small breeze blowing through the trees and plants growing in the glade. I laid in the grass and looked up in the sky. I felt the grass tickling my skin and the warmth of the sun shining in the sky. I know it's a fake, but it looks so real. All of this looks so real, almost peaceful.

But it isn't,
it's all a trick.
A time bomb slowly counting my time away. I need to hurry, get all of us out as soon as possible.

I need a new plan.
If I go now minho will find me, I'll never make it till night. Which means I'll never be able to see the sign even if I find the spot where it's supposed to be.
My only option is to become a runner, but of course they won't let me.
I signed and closed my eyes. My heads hurts from all the problems that are thrown at it. Why can't everything be simple for once. Why does everything always has to be so hard.
I'm almost chocking in the secrets. The secrets about my father, the right arm, wicked, the maze...and me.
Wicked has no idea how dangerous I really am. Now that they know my father was erasing names from the list of immunes, it I'll only be a matter of time before they connect dots and find out the whole truth about my father's work.

It makes the time ticking away even faster. I need to be gone by the time they find out. I need to be with the right arm, to pass over all the information my father failed to sent them. I need to be there as the right arm finally takes down wicked.

"Hey, why so frustrated?"

I opened my eyes and looked right into the eyes of Newt bending over me.

"It's nothing. What going on?"

"The box is coming up any minute, thought you'd might wanted to see cause you were so interested yesterday."

My frustrations dissappeard as soon as I thought about the box and the note I sent in.
I jumped to my feet and walked with newt to the box. I could already hear the sound of the box and I started smiling.

"You make me really curious, ya know." Newt said while raising his eyebrows. I just gave him a smile.
"You'll see."

We opened the box and I jumped in. There was a receptacle standing in a corner and I saw it was meant for me. I took it out of the box, put it on the ground and sat down cross-legged. I inspected the content. There were hair ties and a brush. No mascara and no mirror, but I didn't really care about that. I was already happy with the hair ties and brush cause now I won't have hair strokes in my face all the time. They did gave me some new clothes. I couldn't see what kind of clothes so I stood up and took the fabric out of the receptacle.
When I saw what it was got a tantrum. I threw it away along with the other awful pieces of fabric.
Did they think it was funny or something. I clearly asked for trousers and a simple shirt. Not that hard right? I mean I didn't want a whole bunch of fancy sporting clothes, just cheap trousers and a shirt. I walked to the pile of clothes took one in my hand and tore it apart. Those stupid assholes sent me dresses. The one piece of clothing I really hate, no I despise. I've been walking in one for two days and it makes me crazy already.

"Not so happy anymore greenie?" Gally walked towards me and laughed.

"Shut up." I said angrily. I took the hair ties and the brush an stamped to the homestead leaving a laughing gally and newt behind.

I forgot minho was still sleeping and woke him up when I slammed the door shut.

"Good morning to you to." He said half asleep.

I mumbled sorry and threw the brush and hair ties on my bed.
I pulled my dress in place again and really had to stop myself from tearing it apart.

Meanwhile minho was already on his feet and held a hand through his black hair. He was looking at me and I gave him a 'what' gaze, if ya know what I mean. He took something from under his bed and threw it in my hands. Then he walked out.

--
I looked at myself and smiled satisfying.
I wore dark green trousers with big pockets and a black belt. Above it I had a basic grey shirt with middle length sleeves. They were a bit too big for me, but not that it looked ugly or something.

Minho knew I hated the dress, I never told him, but he still knew. I thought he didn't trust me or care about me or something, I wouldn't if he lied to me. But he still tries to help me. That boy's hard to figure out.

These can't be minho's clothes.they're too small for him, So they're probably ben's extra pair.

I was still wairing my sandals, but at the moment I was okay with that.