eleven

Good people are like candles. They burn themselves up to give others light

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready?" Minho said while checking his equipment

"Since the day I arrived." I said confidently.

"Remember the number one Runner rule:.."

"Never stop running."

The doors opened of the maze and we ran in. I let minho lead so that I could focus on the walls. The symbol's supposed to be at eye hight and about 30 cm in diameter. It looks like a sort of rhombus with a line circling around it. (picture above)
But of course I can't see it in daylight so now it's supposed to be spot that's a little darker thsn the rest of the walls. I know it sounds like a long shot, but it's supposed to stand out if you pay attention to it.

"Today we have section 5." Minho said to me.

"You trust me right?" I said suddenly.

He looked shortly over his shoulder while running.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I needed to know for sure.
You need to look for a dark grey spot on the walls, it's at eye hight. "

"How big?"

"30 cm in diameter."

"Ya kidding right?"

"I don't make jokes." I said as I ran beside him.

"You check right, I'll do left."

---

We were sitting against the wall of the maze taking a break.
We've ran the whole section and haven't found anything at all, which annoys me a lot. I mean I've already waisted time by training and now we can't find the symbol. I know this is only the first section, but I have a feeling it's going to take a while before we find it.

"What's the sequence of the sections of the maze?"

"We're now in section 5 and then section 2 will open, then 8, then, 6, 4, 3, 7, 1."

Four. That's the one, I know it. That's the section with the symbol.

"The symbol's in section four."

"That means we'll have to wait four days."

I signed.
"Yeah, four more days waisted."

We were both silent for a while.

"You know, I've been around you a while and I actually barely know you. I don't even know your favourite colour" I said.

Okay, I do know him. I know his character, but not things like his favourite colour of his favourite thing to do. I sound really unimportant, but for me It's far from. Knowing things like that creates a beter view of a person, at least that's what I think.

"It's better you don't know me."
He said as he stood up.
"Time to go back."

"I don't get you. You haven't done anything bad right? So why is it better not to know you?"

He didn't answer and started running.
I growled and followed.

Why is he being do distant and cold, it just doesn't make sense.

We arrived in the glade and split apart immediately. He ran towards the mapping room and I went to find Newt.

He was leaning against a pillar and watched over the glade.
He smiled when he saw me.
"Hey, how was the maze?"