five

Sometimes it takes a lie to find the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the bloody hell happened to you?"

It was dinnertime and I was sitting at a table with Thomas, Chuck, Newt and Zent.

"The glade happened." I said angry

"More specific?"

"I found out I suck at cutting animals in pieces, I'm a terrible cook, I'm not going to be a slopper and that gally really doesn't like girls, maybe he's gay or something...
Nah, probably not, cause then he would be nice."

They laughed a little.

Nope, my day wasn't great. I cut myself when I tried to skin a pig, gally watched me the entire time I was fixing the slammer, doesn't sound bad but it really is and my dress is getting more annoying by the minute.

My time with Frypan wasn't so bad, my cooking was though. Even my omelette was terrible. And then there was the job of slopper, which I don't want to talk about. It was boring and stupid. I've tried every job now, except for bagger, because I just refused to do that and runner, because they refused to let me do that. 'They' is mostly Gally by the way, and some other keepers (Gally's friends) who were there at the moment.

"Woah, quess ya really missed me."

"Yeah, because my time in the fields was so great." I said sassy.

"Maybe the bonfire will cheer you up."

"Bonfire?" Plan E was forming itself in my head and I got a smirk on my face, which I hid the moment they saw it.

"Yeah, it's great! Every time a new greenie arrives we hold a bonfire to celebrate the new arrival. Best night of the month if you ask me, everyone gets drunk as shuck, really funny. Exept for Minho of course, he doesn't drink."

"Chuck. You don't drink." Thomas said laughing.

"That's because Alby doesn't allow me, not because I don't want to, Thomas." Chuck answered 'angrily'.

There it was. Plan E.
"Well, see ya tonight then." I said while standing up.

"Where ya going? Wait I'm coming with you." Newt said as he stood up too.

Damn it. With him around I can't work out my plan.

"Yeah sure, just don't tell Alby you watched me cleaning my dress."

His cheeks turned a little red and he sat down. I laughed a little just like the others around the table.

Did it again. He's so easy to fool.

I walked to the homestead and went to my and minho's room.

I just need to wait until everyone's drunk then I'll sneak away. First I need to get minho distracted so that he won't see me leave, that's the hard part. Minho looks like a person who isn't distracted easily. Chuck on the other hand won't even pay attention, he'll probably be too busy mooching for a drink.
I also need to get rid of Newt, in other words, I need to get him drunk. After no one's paying attention to me anymore it'll be easy. At least I hope so, I did cut my leg so I hope it won't hold me up.

I touched my leg carefully and it didn't hurt. Not much.

Minho came into the room and his eyes we drawn to the wound on my leg, he didn't say anything about it though. He just looked at it and then at me with a cold look. But there was a little worry hidden in it, it was almost unnoticeable. Almost.

"Where were you an alby at dinner?" I asked already knowing the answer. I just tried to dig past that to get the information I wanted, but he saw right through me.

"Still not your business. If you want information go trick somebody else." He said absently.

"Fine." I said while putting my dress straight. Why did they invent these horrible things.

I walked out of the room and went to find Newt.

He was gathering wood for the fire along with chuck and some other gladers who's dossiers weren't that interesting.
I walked through the high grass, a shortcut that wasn't pleasant for my leg at all. I finally reached them and joined in. He looked at my still dirty dress.

"I couldn't find a washing machine." I said while picking up some branches. He laughed and didn't ask about it anymore.

After a while I spoke again.

"What took Minho and Alby so long back in the maze?" I started.
"How do ya know about that?"

"Minho told me about it and I was wondering why it took so long. He was to tired to explain it all so he said I should go ask if you would explain the delay to me."

"Really." He said while rubbing his chin.

"What? Ya think I'm a liar?" I said pretending to be hurt.

"No no, of course not. It's just that minho doesn't tell random gladers stuff like that, especially not when they've been here less than a day."

"Well, I'm not a random glader, am I." I said while dropping some branches on the pile of wood.

He smiled and I knew I won.
"True. Okay I'll explain it."

He sat down against a trunk and I settled myself next to him.

"The griever minho found yesterday dissappeard. It was just gone, all they could find was a puddle of slime. They searched around that area for a while but it was nowhere to be found."

"Weird" I said, but it actually wasn't weird at all. Wicked just took it to prevent the gladers from finding the exit too soon.

That means something has to happen before they find the key to the 'exit'.